Praveen_hex
Hi,
I am working in a CMM Level 5 Software Company in Chennai. I am planning to move to a new company. The company which i worked previously before the current company is not functioning now and closed down. Will this become a problem for me when I move to a big company. What should i do. Should i inform to them about this before the interview. Because the way they do verifications I am little worried about that. Will they take into account all my previous employers for verification or just my previous employer?
What should i do. Will this create a problem for me once i join a big company. Should i just join and see what happens later or inform to them before interview.
Please do reply.
Thanks
Praveen
[IMG]https://www.citehr.com/images/misc/progress.gif[/IMG]

From India, Madras
Priyanka Vinda

Hi,
From my point of view, you should have to disclose this thing to the Co. before you start working there, at the time of interview, or if you have any mediator like any Consultant or so, you have to convey this thing by them to that Co.
This 'll shows your honesty, which creates your good FIRST IMPRESSION, because like everybody knows that "FIRST IMPRESSION IS LAST IMPRESSION", otherwise it may happen that they'll recruit you as their employee and if they find any news in regards from Market, then 'll create very bad impression of yours in CO. & MARKET too.
I believe that, we should always make our WEAKNESS, our STRENGTH !!!
Its not compulsory for every Co. to check candidate's reference, but YES, they believe this activity very helpful, if you Co. 'll check your reference into your previous Co. and they gets this news.... then ?
it says that, "TO HIDE 1 LIE A MAN WILL BECOME A LAIR" !!
All The Best !!!
Cheer !!!
Priyanka Vinda

From India, Ahmadabad
sivadasanvasu

Yes, you have to disclose about status of your previous employer so that there may be no bad impression on you after selction. Regards, Sivadasan
From India, Udaipur
vasudha.dahale
Dear Pravin,
I feel that you don't need to update the new company regarding the closure of your last job. As the current company from which you are shifting do not have any problems. Anyways they will be checking your current company details, your current CTC and your current market & software knowledge.
Thanks.

From India, Mumbai
nikitalk

I believe that you should let them know about your previous company which has shut down. Infact, you should have communicated this during the interview itself... I suggest not to hide any facts from your new employer. Big organizations generally take into consideration the previous 3 employees when they do a background verification. This is not true for all but for most of the organizations.
Regards,
Nikita

From India, Pune
Rahul Kumar

Dear Praveen,

It is generally good to disclose this fact during interviews (if required). It may, though, not essentially mandate you to disclose this on your own, compulsively, if you have missed doing so. Take it cool if you have not done so in the past. Not disclosing this fact does not necessarily alter your chances of selection and may not be essentially construed as non-disclosure of facts.

Antecedent verification/checks may be from your previous employers or references given by you. For an employer who has shut business, your boss's reference may be good enough. More senior you are in the hierarchy, more indepth is the verification process since lots are at stake for the Company and you.

For middle (Manager)/junior (Executive) positions, antecedent checks may not be such a tedious affair. Remember to disclose closure of your previous employer's business especially if the prospective employer does not take references from you.

Your future employers may seek references from you, more often your immediate superiors/bosses/HODs under whom you had performed. This is to broadly check your level of competence, integrity, diligence, attitude, professional knowledge and overall performance.

Assess the situation/circumstances and then act. After all, it must not be derived that you are pulling a fast one (ie. the employer did not exist or you never worked there). If so, disclose this fact most discerningly, not apologetically since it should not weaken your candidature.

Don't worry too much on this front. Trends have changed. Employees change jobs more frequently as compared to yesteryears. Similarly, businesses also close down over the years more frequently now due to changing economic conditions/business focus/strategic re-alignment. Future employers understand this stark reality.

Rahul

From India, New Delhi
Jai1736

Hi Praveen
Almost all companies require past employment history of the new hires. Therefore one should be very truthful in giving this information. It does
not matter if a company with which one worked in the past is closed now. The fact of closure will not impact you in any manner.
Best of Luck
Jai.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.