No Tags Found!

Ravi malik
Dear HR/Other Expert,

In my previous company, I got an increment of 5000 rupees, and they got me to sign a bond. If I leave the company before 1 year, they will take back my increment amount from my salary.
After 10 months and 15 days, I got a job at another company. I asked my HR head, sir, shall I join another company before 1 year? I got good opportunity and being on good terms, they said okay, you may, and we will see if we don't deduct your increment amount. I was happy.

But after joining another company, I got news that they held my salary and deducted all increment amounts.
I have a question: can I go legally against my previous company?

From India, Delhi
DIPTI SRIVASTAVA 83

when you sign a bond or employment agreement that includes clauses related to salary increments, you are legally obligated to adhere to the terms of the agreement. If your previous company had a clause in your employment contract that stipulated that you must work for at least one year to retain the salary increment and you left before completing that period, they may have the right to deduct the increment amount as specified in the agreement.

raghunath_bv

Hi Ravi Malik,

For specific legal advice, it's always best to consult with a qualified attorney.In your situation, there are a few factors to consider:

Bond or Agreement:
You mentioned that you signed a bond. It's important to review the terms and conditions of this bond to understand the exact nature of the agreement you entered into.

Increment Deduction:
If the company deducted your increment amount based on the terms of the bond, they likely did so within their rights as specified in the agreement you signed. If you believe there was a breach of contract or any unfair practices, you should consult with a lawyer to evaluate your specific situation.

Verbal Assurance:
While you received verbal assurance from your HR head about not deducting the increment amount, it's possible that this assurance may not hold up legally, especially if it wasn't documented or formally agreed upon.

Consult a Lawyer:
If you believe you have a case, it's important to consult with a lawyer who can review all relevant documents and advise you on the best course of action. They can assess if there are grounds for a legal complaint or if attempting to negotiate with your previous employer is a viable option.

Evidence:
Gather any evidence you have, such as the bond, communication with your HR head, and any other relevant documents. These can be important in building your case.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR):
Before going to court, consider if there are alternative methods of dispute resolution, such as mediation or arbitration. These can sometimes be faster and less costly than going through a full legal process.

Laws regarding contracts and labour vary by jurisdiction, so it's important to consult with a lawyer who is familiar with the laws in your area.

Keep in mind that legal action can be time-consuming and costly, so it's important to weigh the potential benefits against the potential costs and decide if pursuing a legal remedy is the right course of action for your specific situation.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.