No Tags Found!

M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

I have a different view for this.
Kindly do not take any strong actions untill you confirm that the person has done it only for searching the job.
If a person has to state her mother's illness & search a job, this is the lowest position a person can go down.
Also look into the previous track record of the person & further proceed with the same.
You can also do cross check in her house through office Boy if it is possible, as i have gone to that extreme once 6 months ago, because the person did not turn up for almost a month.
So i request you to think twice or thrice...as the future of the person shoud also be taken into consideration..
Regards
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
93831 93834

From India, Coimbatore
sugang

Hi ,
I 've joined newly in a BPP & we r facing the same prob here. This posting has cleared my doubts abt wat to do. Could anyone plz provide me with a copy of the show cause notice
Thanks & Regards
Sugan

From India, Madras
agnyeya

Absolutely agreed with M. Peer Mohamed regarding verification.

There have been cases where the person has had to move the ill family member somewhere else making it difficult to be reachable.

In an earlier post I read a suggestion "send someone over discretely at the employee's house to check whether the person is really ill".

This would be entirely unprofessional and unethical and I am not sure whether such action has any legal cerdibility.

I have seen a person whose family resided in a distant village in Orissa where the nearest telephone was a village away (abt 10 kms ) and there was no mobile network.

While I am not suggesting that such acts should be tolerated, it is critical to note 2 things :

1. Whether attitude of us as HR professionals as been influenced so much by negative actions like absconding by employees, that sometimes the wheat is also thrown away with the chaff.

2. If such acts are happening in a particular dept. / project etc. then it may be necessary to understand the situation at a broader level.

From India, Mumbai
amritanshnihit
Hi frens ...
i was asked in interview ... wat will u do if they is a person who generally takes leaves n ask u 4 a holiday
again ... giving some reason ...will u grant him leave r not ... n if yes den if later u come 2 know he just gave fake reason wat u do? n how will u handle d situation..........

From India, Mumbai
vineet.hr
you must respond that you would grant a leave based on the "reason of leave" and as long as his leave balance can support him..
but if it occurs to you tht the reason was fake. then you will confront the person and ask for a verbal explanation. You can threathen him that this will be included in his file n will affect future grant of long leaves.
for your role in giving to leave, you could say you have to take the risk, as you have no other reason to suspect he was lying

From China
singh inderjeet

Dear Friend,
There must be a provision of notice period before leaving job in your conpany. Kindly dicuss with your HR regarding this & send her a legal notice(take the help of HR policies) through your legal department.
If you want to send her a warning letter at your level, it is suggested to send by registered post with acknowlwdgement.(Recommended with full throat.)
You can black list such employees for the future & also can flash their photos on notice bord.(Not recommended with full throat.)
Regards,
Inderjeet Singh"Born to lead"

From India, Rajsamand
pooja_taneja

Hi
To start with the process send mail followed by registered post to the absconding employee. Do not forget to mention the time frame with in which the employee is supposed to revert back and if in case he/she do not reply than it become mandatory for you to send an absconding letter (& mail) stating that employee's status has been marked as absconded with eligibility for no pending dues or compensation.
Regards
Pooja

From India, Delhi
kraos_1954@yahoo.co.in

After getting the information from the HOD / concerned immediate superior you should send a telegram positively on 3rd day (report for duty immediately ) and after 11th day you should send an official letter asking the employee to report immediately or to send an explanation with in 3 days from the receipt of the letter if not action will be initiated.

If the employee not reported and the letter what you have sent to the present and permanent address returned back undelivered then you have to initiate action and even you can issue a paper add and close the file. The letters can be Regd.post with ack due or through courier.

As rightly mentioned by some of our friends the returned letters should not be opened and they must be filed as it is in the personal file.

Prior to that being a HR person I opine that one of the HR representative should visit the employee place to find out the well being of the employee and their family, this helps both ways that one is the concern of the employee and the other one is the development. You may be able to know where abouts from the tenants and understand the situation.

Thanks and regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.