No Tags Found!

manish-dhawan4390699
Hi All, I was recently asked to resign from my organization. I was issued a show cause notice due to misconduct as I was attempting to reach my manager for personal talks on social media while she had refused to do so.

However, I replied to the notice by posting screenshots wherein it was clearly evident her and I were friendly with each other in the past and she had recently given me permission to follow her on Insta and had confirmed she'd follow me back as well. That screenshot was of June, 2023.

After my reply, management took several days to come to a conclusion and in the end they decided not to fire me, but asked me to resign from the job. In my experience letter, they mentioned good things about me and nothing such was mentioned that would hamper my image/reputation.

My questions are:

1 - Should I had let them terminate me instead?

2 - They mentioned I'd not be rehired but this organization has a policy of rehiring after 3 months. Technically, I wasn't fired. I had resigned. So, have they really blacklisted me or that was just to scare me?

From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

On what basis show cause notice was issued ? Based on the complaint of your Manager ?
Have you used any abusive language in the social media with your Manager ?
What do you mean by personal talk ?

There is nothing wrong in following Superior in social media. No Employer will issue show cause notice for this. All the same even if you had used abusive language in the social media with your Manager how it was correlated with employment ? not sure.

Whatsoever reason it might be as they relieved you with good remarks better accept it and look for new job. Hope they allowed you to serve proper notice period or paid salary in lieu of notice period ?

1. No. Termination option won't be wise. It would spoil your career and experience.

2. Rehire policy differ from Employer to Employer. At times even absconded employees were reconsidered for employment. But now that you got relieved after show cause why you considering joining back them ?

Look for new offer and keep moving.

From India, Madras
manish-dhawan4390699
I didn't use any abusive language with her. Show cause notice mentioned that your manager has several times asked you to not initiate any personal interaction and keep only business related talks with her.

They basically accused me of stalking her on social media without consent but I posted a screenshot in which she had literally given me consent to follow her on Instagram on June 23. On July 31, she filed a complaint to management that I have been trying to pursue her on social media for friendly talks.

Answer to your queries:

1- No, they didn't pay me notice period salary. They did my FnF, and provided only leave balance encashment and number of days worked in that month.

2 - I am considering rejoining them even after show cause notice because they are providing WFH and I am an orphan + unmarried. It was giving me lots of flexibility overall.

From India, Delhi
uhcia

Hi,

Based on your inputs PFA

My questions are:

1 - Should I had let them terminate me instead?

(no termination is always to be avoided unless you wish to proceed with a legal battel against the organization, then the termination letter/email works as evidence)

2 - They mentioned I'd not be rehired but this organization has a policy of rehiring after 3 months. Technically, I wasn't fired. I had resigned. So, have they really blacklisted me or that was just to scare me?
(90% probability is they would have tagged you as a "No Rehire".

See Manish, organizations typically don't wish to destroy the career of an employee unless its a gross misconduct like sensitive data leakage or financial impropriety etc. HR would give chance to the employee to exit via resignation route, so that for the out side world (background verification) it would appear as if you have exited like any other employee. However internally in your employee file HR records the misconduct and do not hence wish to rehire you.

Had they issued a termination letter, they they are forced to give negative feedback in your BGV which would impact your job prospects in future organizations, higher studies etc)

you can request your HR to provide you with notice period pay as per your contract.

thanks.

From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.