aman_dudeja
Hi Deepali,
For next time, I would suggest you to frame a policy and get it documented. For example, send 3 Notices spread in a span of 6 Months. If absconder fails to respond to these notices, chuck out the name from the company's role.
Good Luck with new joinee.
Aman Dudeja
Associate Manager - HR
Vedanta Resources.

From United States, Brooklyn
tajsateesh

Hello Deepali,
Going by the responses, looks like you have already hired another person who should handle your immediate situation.
But there could be 2 lessons for you in the whole experience.
1] Pl don't waste your time by going the legal route--sending her notices, etc--unless your company has money to blow on Lawyer fees for such cases AND/OR UNLESS this employee took any company docs & vanished. Put your valuable time in something else that's more worthwhile.
2] Your Recruitment process may need some review. Also pl don't rule-out the possibility that she could have noticed something in the Company's way of working in the 2 days she came--that put her off. Just try to talk to those she interacted with in the 2 days--you could get some idea based on her casual comments. Going by the look of it, I feel it's more of an 'attitude issue' than competency issue. The HR rounds in the Interview process are supposed to catch such cases. Have a relook into it & I am sure you will figure out a way to avoid any repeats in the future.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.