No Tags Found!

bmadhu
XXX has agreed to give the letter to require, I wonder to why and what for you waiting, WHY NOT COLLECT THE LETTER IN PERSON? WHY ARE YOU WAITING FOR XXX TO SEND THE LETTER? "Don't wait for someone to bring you the food, GO SET IT YOURSELF !"
GOOD LUCK.

From India, Bangalore
nadhan_v@yahoo.in
The last conversation which you left with XXX-HR on? verbal or non-verbal communication-which you have any correspondence? Regards, Viswa
From India, Nellore
inspiredsoumya

Please make sure that you communicate with your company frequently .You need not worry for this ,gain some experience and go for it .Moreover you have completed your Education from IIM which is a great advantage for you.If you feel like joining in XXX then talk with the HR and come down to a solution .Don't spent too much time in thinking of loosing.Try something new and better.When you keep on doing this it effect your self confidence :)
God Bless
Regards
Soumya

From India, Chennai
ngurjar

I think your case has very limited options. And I think your evaluation of potential damage was a little off the mark.

Will XXX support you?

There is little incentive to support you at this stage.

- Have you been in touch with your supervisor during your stay in IIM?

- Has anyone from your team been in touch with you?

- Did you connect with them stating that you would like to rejoin XXX once the course was over?

- Do you have any references from XXX to help you work around this case?

These factors might help you reach the circle of influence of the HR; though it cannot be decisive.

My gut feeling is that you need to let this go and look for another job. I don't think IIMx would help you as well. And with the firm diktat from the HR of the Bank, I doubt you will ever enter that organization because they are probably making an example out of you! So, start looking elsewhere (maybe off-campus if your Placement Office isn't prepared to consider your candidature right now).

Unfortunately, this is hard to shove-off from where you are right now. The more you stir it, the larger its gonna get! So, I would suggest that you try for some contract positions rather than some corporate positions. As a MBA, you should be like water, able to flow around rocks. Think of your strengths and options. That might help you.

Reg,

Nikhil

From United States, Daphne
Anonymous

Thank you every one for giving me suggestion and support.
Being a Xxxx compnay (know far its values), XXX is kind enough to accept my request and has changed the status from "Dismissal" to "Stopped attending service".
I am not understanding this terminology. Can some one please explain the term 'Stopped attending service'?

From India, Delhi
Kishore.Mavuri

After going through the entire thread, I have understood that, whatever XXX could have done on fair basis, they have infact done already. There were few short-comings from your side. I still am wondering to find the reason why you haven't resigned the moment you got an admission in xIM and atleast when u got admitted to IIMx. Both are prestigious and you could easily get into top Organization directly from these institutes; however you have chosen to continue your employment with XXX (they would have happily accepted you if you wanted to join them again post completion of ur PGDM). Secondly, you could have informed your prospective employer about whatever happened before their offer; or even you could have simply negated your previous employment details. (being too honest sometimes lands you in trouble - professionally & personally too).

Anyway, this was all past and can't be rewritten. So, bother not and persuade the new employer to buy your concern (coz, be it a termination or dismissal or even a proper resignation, the new employer needn't to worry anything as long as your employment file with XXX is closed). The only reason for companies to put such policies is, it is utmost illegal/unethical/noncompliance to work parallely with 2 different registered Companies and it may lead to many legal issues to both Companies.

The new tag for your employment with XXX, "Stopped Attending Services" is going to be worrisome for you more now as it clearly means, you still are employed with XXX (your employment agreement still hold good); however, you have abandoned them. Which means your employment file is still open. The previous tag of 'Dismissal' was much helpful in this regard. Plz talk to XXX people directly (a face-face discussion is very much helpful) and may be you can take the help of your Manager who approved your Long-Leave (boss who Managed you directly during your stint with XXX).

All the very best and hope all your probs get sorted out.

Regards,

Kishore Mavuri

From India, Hyderabad
saiconsult

Kishore has rightly analysed your shortcomings in the whole episode and you could have very well avoided this agony.However my interpretation of the word "stopped attending services' is somewhat different from that of Kishore.It means you have on your own chosen not to attend work at XXX and thus voluntarily abondoned the job and it is not XXX which terminated your services.Thus it is free from the stigma dismissal and termination from XXX side and at the same time, it is you on your own brought the end to the relationship.It is a win-win situation. If they give you the relieving letter even with this remark it would suggest that you are no longer on the rolls of XXX.
B.Saikumar
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous

Thank you Sai and Kishore for taking time to analyze my case and giving your opinion. It is little comforting. I understood my mistake but late. I am just looking for some relief from this issue.
In the process, I learnt it is important to be persuasive, calm and confident.

From India, Delhi
Cite Contribution

Greeting,
Very glad to know you are out of the woods. 'Stopped attending services' directly fits the sabbatical you took. Hence, please don't worry about this any further . Wish you all the best for a bright an prosperous career !

From India, Mumbai
Raj Kumar Hansdah

NOT necessarily.
In fact, its a MORE APPROPRIATE and humane word.
No wonder, XXX or other IT/ITES use it as they deal with intelligent and highly educated employees.
The old usual term of ABSCONDING which has come from the old Personnel and Labour management; which dates back to the Colonial Times; where workers were referred to as COOLIES or later on as KHALASIS. If a worker left job, it would be called as ABSCONDING; just like in army its called DESERTED.
I think times have changed and HR should keep up with the times. One should accept "Stopped Attending Services" and recognize it as a standard term for Employees leaving the organization of their own accord and volition.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.