No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi, I had joined an MNC company two months back on third party pay roll for 6 months contract basis. At first the third party briefed every details they need and I shared them all documents. After that I started working. Now suddenly they are telling me that I will get terminated as I am not a B.Tech engineer, I am having only diploma and the according to company policies that cannot allow diploma candidates. So they are asking me to resign and put notice period, so that I get time to get a new job.

But my point is from my end I did not provide any false information or document regarding my educational qualification. Whatever they asked I provided them. After working more than two months suddenly this came up. I am confused what I can do regarding this as I have no fault from my end. On one hand I am true with my everything and on the other hand they are telling me to resign or I get terminated anyday as I am not qualified according to thier policy. Please advice.

From India, Kolkata
vashishthajagdeep

First of all you are already on contractual basis and your employment can be terminated at any time during this contract or on completion of the contract. You can raise a request to retain you in the job, if you are doing your job well rather they may change your designation.
Although I suggest to start searching another job at your area.

From India, Velluru
rkn61

Employment on third party pay roll will not and can not be guaranteed by Principal Employer. Now as you have received a communication regarding termination of your services/resignation from service, the only way out is to request your contract employer to allow you to work for at least 2-3 months more. If you are successful in this, you may continue your work, simultaneously looking for job elsewhere
From India, Aizawl
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

When the vacancy was declared, in the recruitment ad or the classified, what qualification was asked for to fill the vacancy? Was it B Tech or a Diploma?

Whether directly employed or employed through a manpower contractor, the recruitment department is expected to properly scrutinise the CV of the candidate. Discovery about the qualification of the candidate after the recruitment is a direct failure of those involved in the recruitment.

Like other learned members, I too recommend putting up an application for buying time from the employer. However, address your application to the Managing Director (MD) of the company. In fact, you may seek a personal interview to redress your grievance.

Lessons for HR Department: - The contract employees are not the children of the lesser god. They too have to look after their family as much as the directly employed. Belittling their stature is against the principles of HR Management. A few employees are employed under contract employment for the convenience of the organisation and not for the whims and fancies of the HR Department. The HR Department should have stood firmly behind the employee. Telling the employee to resign from work to cover up the failure of HR is the height of double standards.

Even with the recruitment of the wrong candidate, the sky would not fall if the company waited for six months to complete the contract period. For their own fault, the company wishes to penalise the employee! This is the height of the preposterousness!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
There was no ad for the recruitment. I got call from the consultant company first. They said they got my profile from naukri.com. They took telephonic interview and I said then I am not a btech, I am a diploma, but as per them it was fine. Then I got another call after few days from the line manager of the maun company and he took technical interview. After that I got confirmation mail that I have been chosen for the post and I was requested to provide all the documents over mail for generating the offer letter. I got offer letter. Again they asked me for documents..I provided them that too..
Meanwhile after 1 and half month, I received appointment letter too. It is nowhere they asked me for degree documents or said that I am not eligible. All this issue came suddenly.

From India, Kolkata
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

I have given a reply to your post. It is purely a failure of the HR Department. Probably, they were not getting a proper candidate. So as a temporary measure, they took you on board. Now after getting a candidate, they could be asking you to put in the papers. The company simply used your candidature as a sacrificial lamb.

Recruiters or HR professionals sometimes play these tricks. Anyway, as advised in the previous post, put up an application to continue your employment till the completion of the contract period. The employers always enjoy the whip hand. So despite the injustice done to you, be polite and do not lose your cool. At this stage just beseech the authorities concerned.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.