No Tags Found!

Deshmukhkalpana
I want to resign from my company due to very toxic work culture and no respect from my boss. I am working as an HR and its everyday interaction with my boss who also happens to be director of the company. He does not value any suggestion given by me, there is no transparency with the HR for employee and organisation related matter. I want to move out but afraid what should i give reason as if i give true reason, he might play with my career and decline the Reliving and negative reference check. Need some expert suggestion on this.
From India, Mumbai
rkn61

What is the status or type of your Organization; that is whether it be a sole proprietory firm, or partnership firm or private limited company?
From India, Aizawl
p-lekha-jacobs

Kalpana - do not worry at all and calm down. You seems to be fearing things a lot - shed these fears and be bold.
As apparent from your description above - it is clear that yours is not an effective workplace.
Practical thoughts:
1. Do not resign until you have an active job offer in hand
2. If you think that your suggestions are not valued in the Organization - simply do not speak in the meetings then. Better stick to the agenda and questions
3. Never be a part of office grapevine
4. A relieving letter is your legal right and aggrieved employee can always sue them in a Court of Law for the denied documentation
5. Negative reference checks are not valued or are simply ignored by an effective Organization - do not fear anything as reference checks will always be vetted through HR. Companies allowing negative reference checks are always running the risk of reputation loss in the market and may definitely not attract good talent due to such unfriendly HR policies
Do not worry and stand up for yourselves.

From India, Delhi
Vaishalee Parkhi

Hello Kalpana,

The situation seems tricky. I understand anyone would think the way you are thinking now. BUT hold!!

Try to understand your boss's side. What are his expectations from HR, Where he thinks HR can contribute (or doesn't invite HR's contribution) to organization.. Knowing his expectations will help you re-direct your deliveries.

Irrespective of whatever you feel, this is the practical world. Everyday we get to know about people who have lost jobs due to Covid 19 or working on half salary to make their living. Under these circumstances, if the Pay Package n Position is good, wait till you get an equally good offer. Focus on your career, work on what you are expected to deliver, up-skill yourself simultaneously. Your time will come.

Don't take any decision hurriedly - especially when you are emotionally upset

Besides, work on the valid suggestions given by Ms. Lekha above.

I am not commenting on the reliving aspect as I really think you should re-think on your decision. All the best.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.