No Tags Found!

Harshchand
Is terminated employee is eligible for service certiifcate. Harsh
From India, Agra
Ghanshyam Rajgor

yes.........he is eligible of service certificate with reliving later and no dues certificate ....... GS..!!
From India, Ahmadabad
Shyam Agrawal

Dear All,
Termination on what ground? If it is on disciplinary ground, would it be pertinent to issue service certificate? I think it would not be.
In cases other than disciplinary ground, formalities such as service certificate, relieving order, no dues certificate etc. may be complied with. Even mention your best wishes to the parting employee in his future career.
Sincerely,
Shyam Agrawal

From India, Pune
pra1bhus
Shyam if the employee terminated due to abscond is he/she eligible for service certificate
From India, Madras
Prashant B Ingawale

" Yes " The employee is entitle for Sevice Certificate but you can metion the reason for leaving the Organization i.e. Terminated / Desertation of Service/ Unauthorized Absentee for longer period
From India, Pune
Shyam Agrawal

Dear friend,
Termination of an absconding employee is nothing but on disciplinary ground. Therefore, no rewards to him except statutory dues. No service certificate. The termination order would be sufficient. However, one may
make a reference to his total qualifying service. The order may read -- "Services of Shri XYZ who was in employment of this organization from dd/mm/yyyy and was absconding from his duties from dd/mm/yyyy are hereby terminated from dd/mm/yyyy, the last date on which he attended duty."

From India, Pune
pra1bhus
But as per Law
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
DRAFTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE BASIC CONDITIONS
OF EMPLOYMENT ACT, no 75 OF 1997 (AS AMENDED) AND THE LABOUR
RELATIONS ACT , no 66 OF 1995 (AS AMENDED) AND ANY OTHER STATUTORY
REQUIREMENTS.
(IT IS COMPULSARY BY LAW TO PROVIDE YOUR EMPLOYEE WITHA CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE ON TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT)
From my part the concern should give Service Certificate for the terminated employees and absconding is not major act like crime or illegal activities. What u r saying about this Shyam.

From India, Madras
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Prabhu Ji,
The law of the land is binding on us. We must comply with the law. Termination order does contain the reasons for termination. Therefore, if it is prudently drafted with necessary details about one's total services incorporating date of commencement of services, no separate service certificate is necessary. Generally, service certificate is considered as a recommendatory reference. Therefore, in case of dismissal, no special service certificate be issued separately without quoting reasons for dismissal. I do agree with you that asconding is not a major crime or an illegal act. Notwithstanding, I am not inclined to support it. If an employee is not satisfied with his job, he must tender resignation, bid goodbye and part with it instead of taking recourse to absconding from duty.

From India, Pune
abedeen7

Dear Shyam,
We have to provide service certificate on termination (either by employee or employer) of service and format has been specified in the act. We have to abide by the rule of the land.
For any ambiguity we have to refer to the applicable act. ALSO WE NEED TO THINK AS HUMAN AND SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH ANY ONE CAREER.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.