Legal Analyst, Hrm
Adoni Suguresh
Sr.executive (per & Adm)
+3 Others

Dear All,
Due to non performance and negligence of work my boss has instructed me to take a immediate action against some employees. Being a HR I want to give them punishment transfer from there home town to other location. Kindly help me or guide me that how can I write a letter regarding this issue.....
19th December 2015 From India, Howrah
"" Being a HR I want to give them punishment transfer from there home town to other location. ""
How has the organisation come to guilty conclusion?
Any enquiry or show cause notice given to worker to find out reasons?
Before you take "a" immediate action you need to give the "guilty" workers a chance to furnish their side also.
So view things in proper perspective before taking actions.
Issuing a transfer order is routine in companies with multiple branches.
19th December 2015 From India, Pune
First of all, it is never healthy to view transfer as some sort of an avenue to punish an employee.By that you will be not only transferring the employee but also transferring the headache to a different place which you may have to only handle again. Transfers shall be viewed as tools to deploy staff on the basis of need and then only a transfer will serve the cause of the organisation.Transfer shall be an incidence of service but not a condition of punishment.This approach does not address the cause.You need to esquire as to why the employee is not performing and negligent.Is it deliberate or is it reaction to some other cause? However, you need to first hear the employee and give him an opportunity to explain his act of non-performance and negligence.After receiving his explanation, further necessary action can be taken.

19th December 2015 From India, Mumbai
Dear Saikumar,
Here transfer is being used as a weapon because the place is a home posting for these workers.
Punishment transfer and that too without hearing the workers side is not good HR practise or good in law.
19th December 2015 From India, Pune
Dear Sir,
Thanks for guiding me but our RSM ( Reporting person of those candidates ) already given then a warning mail regarding this issue but they were indifferent. Now please suggest me what should I do from my end??????????
19th December 2015 From India, Howrah
Dear Nathrao, I agree with you.............................................................................,B.Saikumar,,
20th December 2015 From India, Mumbai
[QUOTE=Purbasha2651989;2275433]Dear Sir,
Thanks for guiding me but our RSM ( Reporting person of those candidates ) already given then a warning mail regarding this issue but they were indifferent. Now please suggest me what should I do from my end??????????[/QUOTE
The senior person in the concerned department needs to have a direct talk and discussion with the concerned workers and then try to get to root cause of problems.
Record the discussion and counsel them.
This record gives them the subsequent basis of any action if needed.
One must give reasonable opportunity for change and betterment.
Transfer to another location is passing a problem baby to another manager.
See holistic picture.
Act strongly but follow principles of natural justice.
20th December 2015 From India, Pune
If you transfer them enblock, you will be touching hornet's nest by blindly following instructions of your boss and without making proper investigation, about the cause of their attitude. You may be creating anarchy by touching them enblock for transfer to be ultimately declared yourself even by your own boss, as a tactless and inefficient executive, not being able to control the situation.
One or two persons can be wrong, but not several at a time. Better check the attitude and working style of their boss. Normally, employees working at their home town don't try to become non-performer or indifferent due to the fear of getting shunted out of their home town.
Rest depends upon your own wisdom.
20th December 2015 From India, Delhi
In addition to what the learned members above said, I may say that indifference and negligence may be external manifestations of an attitude or reactionary responses to something which the employees do not digest.You said that the erring employees were already administered warning but with no effect. You need to understand as to why they do not have any respect for the action of the management. If you trace the problem to attitude, then try counselling them and watch their conduct. it may need some patience for HR and time for employees to reorient their attitude.If it is a reactionary response to something or to someone behavior, then you need to involve both the parties in your counselling sessions.

20th December 2015 From India, Mumbai
Dear Purbsha,
Better track the root cause of the problem of non-performance of employees for remedial action, rather than playing a revengeful or harassing game to attract more indiscipline or arrogance of employees. Tactful handling of the situation is advisable.
On the other hand, you may better prepare some rational rotational transfer policy and circulate amongst the employees, so that you may implement that on regular basis at the end of the academic sessions of the children of the employees, as that may not pinch the employees, being a regular annual feature.
21st December 2015 From India, Delhi
Dear Mr.Purbsha,

I agree with the opinions of Mr.Nathrao and Mr.Saikumar as regards your query. The transfer of arrogant employee is not the solution for transfer from one place to another unless you have a genuine reasons for transfer and the same should be within the purview of your employment rules or standing orders. On what reasons you are transferring, the reasons must be quoted in his transfer order? If transferred what will be arrangements for substitute so technically so many questions are arising. Better you issue him a show cause notice for failing of his performance or whatever may be the reasons and ask for his explanation and give him a waning to improve his attitudes. In spite of this, he failed to improve, you conduct a domestic inquiry into the matter by giving the charge sheet and award punishment subject to the findings of the inquiry officer, by allowing him a opportunity to explain, represent through union office bearer or any one of his colleagues.

Adoni Suguresh

Labour Laws Consultant
21st December 2015 From India, Bidar
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™