No Tags Found!

divya-filmed

I need to issue a retirement letter to my employee. I have drafted the below letter but company management is saying to use another word in place of retirement and change the language. please help me to draft----

Dear Employee--

Sub: Retirement Letter

We have to announce that according to Company’s policy we have to free you from all
your responsibilities. We will start the period of your retirement regretfully which will take
effect on ................
We would like to thank you for all the efforts you have put in the company for the past ................
years. You have been an incredible employee and stood up to your responsibilities every time.
We value all the hard work you have done.
We can not be more obliged to you. We will settle your accounts and wish you a long health
and happiness in your well earned retirement.

With Best Wishes,

From India, Noida
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Divya,

The draft could be as below:

+++++

Date: -

To,

Mr ______________
Employee No. _______

Change of Inning of a Career

Dear Mr. ___________,

1. You have been working in _____________ (name of your company) since ________ (year). If looked back, we find that your tenure in _____________ (name of your company in short) was fruitful. While growing yourself, you have grown the company significantly.

2. We attain many milestones in our career. However, a point comes where it is pertinent to take a break and change the track. In course of building one's career, one has to shoulder the responsibilities of the position. However, a time comes when it is pertinent to take the burden off one's shoulder and march without the burden of responsibility. Going further, the change of track does help with paving the way for young people.

3. Given this, we recommend you start the new inning of your career. The HR professionals will facilitate this transition.

4. Once again, we acknowledge your contributions and cooperation. Possibility, this will be the last time where your cooperation will be solicited.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

___________ (name of the signatory)
___________ (designation of the signatory)

+++++

Hope the above draft suffices your purpose. I do not know the education level of the recipient of this letter. I hope he understands the contents.

Call the person to the HR office. Discuss with him the need for paving the way for the juniors. 1-2 days letter, issue him the above letter. While issuing the letter, inform him to submit a letter of resignation with his last working day as ________. Thereafter, get approved the letter from the competent authority and initiate the process of separation.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
divya-filmed

Thank you @dinesh Divakar sir ..it is useful draft for me
From India, Noida
sumitk.saxena

I am also enclosing the same hope this will be helpful for u. Thanks & Regards, From, Sumit Kumar Saxena
From India, Ghaziabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: docx retrirement.docx (11.4 KB, 549 views)

Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear madam,

It is strange that your company management dislikes the word ' Retirement' -when it is most common event in the life of serving employee in the corporate, government and service sector.

The reference to the retirement in service is reaching the age of superannuation- be it 58 or 60. as laid down by the company and communicated to the employee through appointment letter or service rules or Standing Orders.

The letter of communicating the employee about his retirement is a simple formal letter without using flowery English . It conveys mainly that:
1. The employee, on attaining age of superannuation, will retire from the services effective from----(Date)

2. Appreciating his contribution during his stint of number of years' service.

3 Wishing him good health and happy retired life.

4 Directing him to handover the charge to( give name)

You may redraft the letter using the input above in case you find it worthwhile.

Regards,

Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
divya-filmed

Thank you @ Sumit Kumar Saxena Sir
From India, Noida
divya-filmed

@ Vinayak Nagarkar sir thank you for reply... we have made retirement policy in this month only. Management do not want to use 'retire' word to communicate the employees, it does not mean that they are disliking the retire word. They just only concern about the employee. Employee should not think that they are not able to do work now. @Dinesh Divakar sir has posted such a beautiful letter in a very simple language.
From India, Noida
Urvesh77
Very Very Helpful Drafting’s. Useful in Office Work & To All Studying Students.
From India, Vadodara
umakanthan53

Dear Divya,

Retirement of an employee on attaining the age of superannuation is a normal incidence of service. Such an occasion is not indicative of the employee's incompetence but only his reaching the outer limit of his span of long career: that's all.

In my opinion any official communication between the employer and the employee irrespective of the nature of service and type of the establishment should be formal and simple. Retirement of the employee from service is a peaceful cessation of the employment relationship between the employer and the employee subject to certain predetermined conditions. As such, I am not able to understand that why your top-brass dislike the term ' retirement ' and insist on an alternative term.

Of course retirement from service can be voluntary by the employee himself before reaching the pre-determined age of superannuation due to his personal reasons or can also be compulsory at the instance of the employer due to some performance issues. Anyway, it is a common incidence of service so that it has no stigma attached to it.

Therefore, you can simply mention the fact of the employee's attaining the predetermined age of superannuation and his services with the organization comes to an end effective from such and such date together with the organization's compliments for the long and meritorious service he rendered so far and the best wishes for his future well being. Finally, add a post-scriptum mentioning the date of settlement of his terminal benefits.

From India, Salem
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear madam,

The apprennsion of your management that the retiring employee should not feel that he is not able to work now has no basis . In fact every employed person accepts this fact of life that one day he will have to retire from service and as it nears, he gets mentally prepared.

If you are so wary of using the word 'Retirement', you may start using ' On your reaching the age of superannuation on -----(date), you will cease to be in our employment'. in addition to other points suggested by learned colleagues.

Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.