No Tags Found!

nabin-kar
Hello all. I am working with a bank and got my transfer order to a remote area named Wokha in Nagaland. But due to COVID 19, the transfer has been kept on hold. Now my wife is 2 months pregnant and Wokha is not such a place having all medical facilities where I can take my wife with. Also, I want to stay with my kid until he/she reaches the age of 1.5/2 yrs. So I asked my bank for a request transfer to a place nearby my hometown or to retain me in the branch I am right now. Please suggest if the Bank can force me to join Wokha in such a situation?
From India, Guwahati
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Nabin,
Transfer of the employees is based on the administrative requirement. Generally, administration of an organisation does not like anyone's interference. Nevertheless, your situation is different and on compassionate grounds, if you have asked for the revocation of the transfer order then nothing wrong per se. Wait for the decision of the senior management personnel. 
By chance, if the company officials do not oblige your request then I recommend you putting up one more application. But then that will be the last chance.
Nevertheless, you were transferred anyway and because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the transfer was put on hold. Against this backdrop, pending the transfer, you could have waited for the family expansion. 
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

May be it works, why don't you try all possible channels. Meet the concerned officers who will have the authority to decide in such matters. Carry with you documents to prove your case. If you are in the below officers cadre, I believe, you may be a member of the staff union. I know office bearers of the unions are capable of helping in such situations. Also consult your Sr.colleagues/Br.Manager for help/suggestion from their side. However, keep in mind deflecting transfer posting is not an enforceable right on the part of employees.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.