Hi All,

I was working with employer A from August 2006 to September 2011.

I joined Employer B in October 2011 and got a new PF number.

Now I have resigned from Employer B(after 1 year-in October 2012) and serving notice period, but earlier I wanted to make a PF transfer from Employer A to B so got the form 13 and attested and signed by Employer B.

This I can submit to EPFO and initiate the process. I would be joining a new company in 2 months from now.

My questions are

1. Shall I initiate the transfer of PF from A to B?

2. Will it create any problem as the current active PF account (from B) would become inactive after 2months (after my last day with company - if I know it correctly?)

3. If I have initiated the transfer before my account becoming inactive and then I resign from current employer while the process is initiated, will it continue?

4. When does the account become inactive?

5. How long would it take if at all itís ok to do so? Considering the fact that both my PF accounts are with same EPFO.

Please correct me if I assuming anything wrongly here.

I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance,


From India
Hi Chetan,
You can only transfer one account at a time . You need to fill form 13 for that. In case of any concerns you can contact PF office. Its always better to get the account transferred as this increases the benefits you get from PF. Transfer the one which has more amount in it first. Then after a gap of 6-12 months fill another form 13 for the second account or maybe you can simply claim the return for that amount.
After resigned/ leaving the organization, EMPLOYEE can withdraw his/her money/deducted amount (After 2 months of your last working day with employer) anytime or can transfer this with the new employer. Otherwise EPF account will be closed automatically for an Employee. It means no further amount shall be submitted by Employer into employees EPF account w.e.f. the very first day after resignation /leaving the organization from the EMPLOYEE.
Hope this helps

From India, Delhi
Thanks for the quick reply Nisha.
My only concern here is I am currently in Notice period and would leave this company after 2 months from now.
But since I have all my forms ready to initiate PF transfer from my old account to this account.
I want to make sure that this current account (which would soon be inactive) should not create any issues for this PF transfer.
1. Should I Transfer my old PF to this(soon to be inactive) account OR instead wait till I get a new PF from my new employer (employer C) and then transfer the previous 2 PFs (A and B) to it?
2. Also if an account has become inactive will the PF transfer not happen; although it was initiated when it the account was active?

From India
The process of transfer is a long drawn one. Therefore, you should not venture into this right now. Please get your account in B transferred to C first, as soon as you join the new company C. Thereafter transfer A to C. Even if the account is inoperative, you donot loose your money. Inoperative only means that interest is not credited to that account.
From India, Madras
Thanks for the reply bpugazhendhi...
That was very helpful input for me.. I would prefer waiting for new pF number then as per your suggestion
- Just for info - Can we transfer old PF to an account which is active right now but would become inoperative after some time;so will EPFO transfer PF amount to an account which is inactive?
- This might be a silly question.. but do you have any idea as to how long it take for transfer if both account at the same EPFO?

From India
Hi Chetan, Time for getting the transfer done can vary, so it would be better if you hold this one and get the transfers done once you join the new company. Hope this answers your query Nisha
From India, Delhi
you can submit two separate forms (form 13), one to A and the other to B through C, after allotment of a new pf a/c number by C.
From India, Nizamabad
Mr. Chethan
you can submit two separate forms (form 13), one to A and the other to B through C, after allotment of a new pf a/c in new company, to be on safer side enclose 3A of both A and B companies along with form 13

From India, Bangalore
I worked in A company (15 July 2011 to 15 Sep 2014) and in B company (17 Sep 2014 to 30 Apr 2015). Currently I am not working anywhere. So i want to withdraw my pf amount. But when i checked UAN Portal I still have two PF accounts,having certain amounts in them. So what should I do?
How to get my PF from both accounts? I am helpless. Please suggest me ?

From India, Delhi
@Harish, First apply for online transfer of PF money. Once you confirmed that the PF money is transfered in one account (by using passbook facility), then apply for withdrawal. Cheers....
From India, Chennai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server