Anonymous
I was put in PIP post 2 months of complaining about my manager's Biased, bullying and disrespectful behaviour to HR. During the meeting, HR was supportive and heard me and asked to have courage. But I could sense after a few weeks HR also started ignoring me when I requested for follow-up meetings. My manager after 2 months first asked me to set up a meeting and in that meeting, she gave me 0 marks on all my P0 metrics. There were a few P0 metrics I couldn't achieve due to external factors which she completely ignored. And it's not me, there were many of my counterparts who couldn't achieve the P0 metric due to external recession and market factors. After sending me mail post the meeting where she gave me 0 marks , just after 1 week she put me in PIP. She also mentioned that my stakeholders have been escalating on me for my poor performance, bad experience, no show meetings. I asked her if she could give me any examples, incidents and proof, but she didn't. I contested PIP, giving all my performance data, and proof, and also I shared separate mail to CHRO for her behavioural issues. I didn't receive any response or counter-proof from my manager on the behavioural concerns she mentioned.

She was completely ignoring me, bad-mouthing me to HR and the team and did not felt necessary to share proof of her claim. My PIP contest meeting was not fruitful but was full on insults, questions about my competency, and blame-shifting. And when I asked them to share my proof, they couldn't. Eventually, I decided to resign since I lost my trust and interest in the job and company. My mental and physical health got impacted severely. Now HRBP is saying that I could go on Garden leave instead of serving a notice period (2 months' notice). Since I have no job offers and my health is not great. Please guide me if Garden Leave is beneficial or could lead to negative consequences on my future job prospect.

From India
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Your current employer want to keep you away from office premises during notice period for fear of data security or they might have some apprehension that you will spoil the work environment during notice period. At times due to lack of work also this practice is followed. As long they pay notice period salary and proper relieving there is nothing to worry. However please note that during Garden you will not join with any other Company.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.