No Tags Found!

Anonymousauthenticator
I had absconded from one of the organizations in 2015.

under my EPF service history, it shows that I was employed in that organization.

I have two questions
1) Is it necessary for me to show that experience while interviewing and give reason for absconding?
a) If yes, I can add it my resume and I can explain honestly that in 2015 I was not matured enough and didn't have any knowledge about industry hence took impulsive decision to abscond. If I give this genuine reason, will you as a hiring manager recruit such candidate?

2) If I do not include in the resume and later during bgv they can see that employment on my epf service history, will it make any impact?

From India, Kolkata
raghunath_bv

Hi,

It's generally recommended to be honest during interviews. If there's a significant gap in your employment history or an instance of absconding, it's often better to address it proactively. Your explanation about not being mature enough and lacking industry knowledge in 2015 is a genuine reason, and it shows self-awareness and growth. However, it's important to also highlight what you've learned since then and how you've grown as a professional.

As for whether I, as a hypothetical hiring manager, would recruit such a candidate, it really depends on various factors. Demonstrated growth, relevant skills, and a good cultural fit are all important considerations.

If I don't include it in my resume and it shows up during background verification (BGV), will it have an impact?
If the absconding incident is visible on your employment history through official channels like EPF service records, it's better to have an honest conversation about it during the interview or when asked during the hiring process. Deliberately omitting such information can lead to trust issues and might reflect poorly on your integrity.

It's generally advised to provide accurate information in your resume and during interviews. If a discrepancy arises during a background check, it's best to explain it honestly and provide context. Many employers understand that people make mistakes, and they're often more interested in how you've grown and learnt from those experiences..

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

It is suggested to show the experience and disclose the absconded history to the future employer. Even if you hide or manage with fake experience certificate during BGV process it might get revealed. So better reveal the facts.

How future employer will respond to the scenario can't be predicted. It depends on the Employer.

From India, Madras
rkn61

Suppression of information to your company will be treated equivalent to furnishing false information.
At the time of employment, you might have filled in Employment Application form and submitted to Company. The gist of declaration, to be declared by you by putting your name and signature shall be more or less same, in almost all companies.
I certify the information contained in this application is true, correct, and complete. I understand that, if employed, false statements reported on this application may be considered sufficient cause for dismissal.
unquote

So better be practical and furnish all information in a true manner and leave the decision to your employer/prospective employer. The problem /confusion comes when you start thinking from the angle of an employer.

Be a sincere applicant for an employment.

From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.