arpnmeet@gmail.com

Dear,
No one company's head force any lady to resign just because she get pregnant. Being a hr, u should talk with your director and try to convince him that it is illegal and if that lady go licensing officer or factory inspector and submit application for this, we will be in big trouble so we cannot do this.
Always remember that benefits as per factory act, no one can denied to give u. No one company break rules whether it is small firm or big one.

From India, Mumbai
richaoberoi

Hi,
I am just trying to analyse the situation from a different viewpoint (may be like a devil's advocate). If this lady, who is pregnant is:
1. New in the organization / on probation - does the same rule apply
2. If there are genuine performance issues - does the rule still apply
3. it clearly means, that irrespective of performance, it becomes a liability of the organization to hold on to the employee.
Kindly revert!
Regards,
Richa

From India, New Delhi
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

It seems that you have not read the query thoroughly, please find below my comment on your points, which may be not correct, seniors please correct if wrong.
1. New in the organization / on probation - does the same rule applyThe lady is working since last 2.5 years as per the query
2. If there are genuine performance issues - does the rule still apply. If there are genuine performance issues the HR/Director will issue show cause notice/Warning letters and thereafter termination on performance ground. Here the Director is forcing the lady to resign
3. it clearly means, that irrespective of performance, it becomes a liability of the organization to hold on to the employee. If you assume (being a lady) MB as a liability, even PF/ESI Leave etc. are also liability, sorry to sound harsh

From India, Ahmadabad
arpnmeet@gmail.com

I agree wit saji and would like to inform u that just because she get pregnant, no one company will ask for resignation. it is unlawful.
If u force any employee for resign and she will report of such incident to labour officer, ur company will be in trouble as u r going to break factory rule.

From India, Mumbai
pon1965

Going by your logic, making salary to an employee is also a liability to the employer. Is itn’t? Pon
From India, Lucknow
arpnmeet@gmail.com

What is the concern here related to salary??? We are discuss about resignation of that lady and their condition. Yes Company is liable to pay salary if employee work for month or any days.
From India, Mumbai
rashmi@quickreport.in

I am Heartly thankful to you all for you replies and the knowledge you provided me.
I have one more question if the lady want to make a switch in this condition will it be a good idea or a bad one will any other company will employee her in this condition.
which month will be good to switch as she might be having probation period ( she is 3 month pregnant).
Please help me on this too.

From India, Mumbai
arpnmeet@gmail.com

if the lady want to make a switch in this condition it will be a bad idea because as u mention above that she is 3 month pregnant so many company avoid to hire in such cases so better switch after delivery.
As u r aware that many company have policy to hire any employee in probation period so she will be again in PB and when her PB complete at that time she will reach at last stage of delivery so better switch after delivery.
Hope the ans fulfill ur query.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.