mnsahu

Dear All,
An employee is entitled for gratuity only after serving 5 years of meritorious service .In this case if he is on the rolls of the company and should have worked 240 days in a year to enable him gratuity for that year. Any service in a year less than 240 days will disqualify him from getting gratuity. However, company is at liberty to consider this period.
Thanks,
Mritunjay Nath Sahu
GM(HR)

From India, Vadodara
kpravi12
Dear Seniors,
I need clarity on gratuity, one of my colleague has resigned recently and his date of joining 09.10.2008 and the relieving date is 31.07.2013. which is 4 years 9 months and 22 days. Hence I request you to please clarify me whether he is eligible for gratuity or not?
Anticipating your valuable response.
Regards,
Ravi

From India, Hyderabad
ravi.manjera
Dear Sir/Mam, What is gratuity rule? how can calculate it? Please explain. Ravindra Sharma
From India, Delhi

Dear Ravi,
You are advised to see the trailing mail posted by Sh Mritunjay Nath Sahu where he has nicely explained that an employee borne on the muster rolls of the company should have worked 240 days in a year to enable him to earn gratuity for that year. Any service in a year less than 240 days will disqualify him from getting gratuity.
In view of the above, you need to calculate the numbers of days you have worked in each of the years including the last year of your service.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011

From India, Mumbai
Rajendra Bhavsar

1) Gratuity shall be payable to an employee on the termination of his employment after he has rendered continuous service for not less than five years, -
(a) on his superannuation, or
(b) on his retirement or resignation, or
(c) on his death or disablement due to accident or disease:
Provided that the completion of continuous service of five years shall not be necessary where the termination of the employment of any employee is due to death or disablement:
Hence it is clear that only in case of death of disablement the condition of 5 years service does not apply.
If the employee has worked for 240 days in 5 th year then also he will entitled for gratuity even if he has not completed 5 years.
Rajendra Bhavsar
Manager (P&A)
Afcons Infrastructure Ltd., CMRL Project,
Chennai.

From India, Mumbai
Chaman Jaimini
Dear Sir want to know the Provision Of PF, ESI And gratuity for the employee over 58 yrs. As we are transferring him from company payroll to contractual payroll
From India, delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.