rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi, just get rid of the mess. have his name blackmarked in your hr records so that in future if he comes to you for job, he cannot get employed in your company. if the guy does not want any remuneration, relieving order or other details, you can do nothing.
good riddance. imagine if the guy had been in your company for sometime. he would have been a rotten apple and spoilt the good ones. as they say "every bad thing reveals a good opportunity". here his character is revealed

From India, Madras
YGeeta

Hi,
This same question had come in 2 days back from somebody saying my friend got a very good onsite offer 4 days after joining a company...please help how can he get out of the company without any hassels.
So now, you have the HR perspective to this issue !
Yes, just relieve him,if he doesn't want 4 days salary,no exp letter all that you can do is mark him never to hire in future,if that serves your irritation;)
This can happen with any organisation some times,no need to panic about the organisation culture,but yes, if you are releasing him on good terms you can do an exit interview just to ascertain the real cause - if it is his personal reason or your organisation could have done anything to retain him.
Thanks
Geeta

From Korea, Seoul
satyasingh

It is clear that he is not willing to work with you probably for one reason or other.You will have to analyize the reason why he is leaving in such a short span of time, so that you can avoid such situation in future.
Take the exit interview of the employee, relieve him by doing his final settlement & look for another candiadte. i also think that you need to strengthn the recruitment process.
Regards
SS

From India, Delhi
kumar_ranjeet@hotmail.com

I am agree with Mr. J. S. Malik & Mr. M. Peer.Without any panic, just releive him after taking the exit interview. And rethink on you Interview process, Salary negotiation, Employee joining formalities, Induction process, Organization announcement etc. If you found any fault on above process, then try to eliminate it for future and never go for any legislation. Always try to make happy or satisfy those , who is leaving you.Thanks & RegardsRanjeet9958246555
From India, New Delhi
hr_wonder

Hey
Its so obvious he got a better offer. he cannot state the real reason to your org.
I understand the dofficulty the Org goes thru in such cases, where you would have waited for the person to join, and informed others that they have not been selected..
However:
You have no choice but let go of teh person
Please let him know that never in future he will considered for any position with the company or sister concerns
He needs to serve notice - else pay the service period salary (I am sure u mentioned this on appointment letter)
DO you have copy of the signed appointment letter? Keep it with you in case he states he will never agree that he has accepted an offer
Pls let him know that any references regarding him in future will have a negative response - if he is not serving the notice period.
rest is left to him to decide.

From India, Coimbatore
spreddy999
Hi,
Please issue a termination letter even if any employee works for 1 day to be filed in your records, let him go but before that find out exact reason while taking exit interview so that you can avoid such instances in near future.
S.P.REDDY

From India, Bangalore
S.R.Muralidhar
firstly find the cause for his action to resign
I suggest that if he is not willing to disclose the reason
then ask him to pay the notice period if he regrets then only option left is to
terminate his services.
But in my opinion no employee will resign the organisation with in 4 days unless he/she
has an offer more lucrative than your offer
this is a good eye opner for future recruitment process
Unless an analysis is made we cannot find the real cause for his exit

From India, Bangalore
ajay_ch4

Hi Folks,
As I see it, the flaw lies in the hiring organisation. If the new employee has resigned in four days obviously something has seriously upset him or put him off. So please start introspecting and looking at his point of view rather than defending your actions or traditions/customs.
It is not necessary that he got a better offer. There is also a possibility that he may not resigned from his previous company and may have been testing the waters in yours. The environment in your company did not suit him and so he went back. Yet another possibility is that he was so put off that he preferred being unemployed than being with your company. I am only expressing possibilities - we do not know for sure unless we do an exit interview and even then we may not be sure.
Ultimately you need to analyse what happened in your organisation. Imagine your loss in terms of money, time, effort, energy etc.
best regards
Ajay Chaudhari

From India, New Delhi
Sharad Shah

I am not a person from HR, but when I read views of many HR personnel here to solve certain critical situation in the company, they immediately start talking in the terms of laws and rules of the company. I understand HR is dealing with HUMAN and not with animals and dead. They should not forget that laws and rules are made to protect interest of both, organization and employees. Many a time situation may be the same but the reasons behind the same is different. Hence the situation is not much important, but the real reasons behind it are more important. I wish HR should go in depth, when anything goes against the law or rule of the company and should try to smoothen the work and environment of the company. I do not want to say that punishment is not required. Remember punishment is a tool, and if you do not know how to use it then the same can kill moral of other employees. HR must know how and when to use that tool. A flute can produce beautiful music and the same can be hit on head. It all depends on, who holds it. A Musician or Mussolini. "Fear is the key" is western culture, whereas "Love is the key" is Indian culture. But most HR people learn from the books of western authors, hence their mindset also become like that. This is most unfortunate part, but unavoidable as well. I wish HR should use more intellect rather then rules.
From India, Ahmadabad
Dr Marc Clark

BKR, sorry for the delay in posting. At this stage it doesn't matter that they worker has gone. The question is what can be done in the future to eliminate this from happening again in the future.
A good employee retention program does not begin after a hire but is part of the recruitment process. Ask open-ended questions, run reference checks, and conduct indepth interviews. Possibly team interviews to get several opinions on the same candidate.
I agree with one of the post that this individual will not list you as a past employer or reference, however if the individual has worked for you for 4 days the right thing to do is to pay him for time worked. This is the right thing to do. That way you will have it on file and it will show the professionalism of your organization.
Be well:mrgreen:
Dr. Marc
PS 63:7

From United States, Calhoun
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.