No Tags Found!

anu000
I'm a proprietor with only 20 employees and have got registered myself from 1 Nov, 2023 in EPFO.
I'm a small business i recruit newcomers in 1st year BA/Bsc etc for around Rs. 12-5000 pm.

They leave suddenly and I also need to remove non-performing candidates.
What is the right way, as per labour laws, to handle these two cases?

From India, Gurgaon
Madhu.T.K

High attrition is an issue being faced by all the business units. At the same time, attrition is very low in establishments which offer better HR climate and security with respect to job permanency. When you offer good salary and have transparent HR policies, let it be leave policy, performance appraisal, code of conduct or other, your employees will love to work with you. At the same time, if you do not have transparency in various policies, the employees will feel that there are different treatment to different people in the same organisation. If your performance appraisal is not transparent, the employees will suspect the way in which you appraise their work. The ill feeling will constrain them to leave you. Therefore, bringing professionalism in HR functions is the remedy to reduce attrition.
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Dear Anu,

When it comes to handling employee turnover and non-performing candidates, it's important to follow the labour laws and regulations in your area. In general, the following steps are typically recommended:

Termination:
If you need to remove non-performing candidates, it's important to follow the appropriate termination procedures as per labor laws. This may include providing written warnings, documenting performance issues, and following any notice periods or severance requirements.

Employee Departure:
When employees leave suddenly, it's important to ensure that you comply with any notice or final payment requirements as per labor laws. This may include providing final paychecks, settling any outstanding benefits, and adhering to any specific departure procedures outlined in labour regulations.

Further, as you have registered with the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), it's crucial to ensure that you are fulfilling your obligations related to provident fund contributions and compliance with EPFO regulations for your employees.

To control attrition in your small business, it's important to focus on effective on boarding and training processes, as well as creating a positive work environment to encourage employee retention. Additionally, implementing performance evaluations and providing constructive feedback can help in managing non-performing candidates while staying compliant with labour laws.

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.