No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello All,I'm on probation period. Can anyone tell me what is notice period for me wrt bellow Clause which is mentioned in My offer letter.

Clause:

"1. You will be on probation for a period of six months. This probationary period could be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the company. However, completion of six months of probation does not entitle you or result in automatic confirmation of your employment ,unless the company confirms your employment in writing . during this period your employment may be terminated forthwith without notice and without assigning any reasons.

2. you will be entitled to privilege leave , as per the rules thereof:

a. The company will be entitled to terminate your services by giving 60 days written notice or 60 days salary including allowances in lieu of such notice. In the event of your resignation from the services of the company. you will be required to give the company 60 days notice period. The company has no notice period buyback option. However, your reporting manager may decide on your early relieving during the notice period only if proper handling over of your assignments. This will be decided on a case to case basis.

b. Further, you shall not be entitled to adjust your notice period against privilege leave , if any , standing to you credit."

From India, Mumbai
Premkumar Nair

Hi,
It is amply clear that during the probation period the company may terminate your services without notice period. But in the para 2(a), it is clarified about notice period of 60 days on either side for termination/separation from the company.
On the analogy mentioned by the company for separation in 2(a), during the probation period, you may leave the job without notice period.
However, as a responsible employee, it would be desirable to give some days' notice before leaving so that the exit would be graceful and reply to reference from your prospective employer would be positive.
Best of luck.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.