No Tags Found!

K.Ravi

Hello Sir,

You are very much correct, but what I wish to tell you is that though there is no HR in my organisation, once I had a personal problem and did not visited my office for one month, and even more than that, even my boss knew the problem, but in my office all cooperated with me, and some one or other handled my work, till I came.

So now I think very high of those people, as they helped me at that time. And my problem must also be like of that girl, even if my office would have told that we will cut ur pay, I would have bluntly replied OK U CAN CUT.

Because you see it is human nature, once again O my learned HR professionals ..

have you understood human nature.

You already have some personal problem and somehow manage to come to office and the HR is standing before you and telling "I will cut your pay"

If you add fuel to fire what will happen..

Here the outburst of emotions happens and the employee replies bluntly that DO WAT U WANT or U CAN CUT, bcoz the issue is more than your pay at that time. so obviously she will decide to take LOP and try to solve personal problem.

No doubt I agree that we are working for organisation ,,

and we can directly issue a warning letter, memo, and terminate her. But in this case I always advise candidates to keep the HR in their toes.

Even I whatever work I do, keep certain trade secrets only with me, so even if the organisation HR terminates me, the company will be in DEEP TROUBLE as the only person knowing the detailed secrets knowledge is me. So ultimately in this case the HR will get fired by Management. And no action can be taken against me, as Management needs me, and will approve leaves, but it will be HR who will be in trouble.

And direct firing , terminating is not waht is taught in HR.
Either u can make her realise the issue and let her take her decision, i.e she may voluntarily put her papers down,

but forcing to resign, terminating. etc.. naaah naah

From India, Pune
VMerudi

Dear all,
Even I am facing a similar situation at the moment in my company. I am working as Hr executive and Recruiter in my present company.
I would like to share my experience as well:
This employee has been employed in February. He was told about his targets and responsibilities quiet clearly by the management as well as me. He accepted and started off. But performance wise, his performance was not reaching the expectation of my management. When this was brought to my notice, I spoke with this employee and asked him what his problem was? He quoted various reasons and excuses. One of the reason being that, he didn't understand the service line that he was asked to sell to prospective clients.
As i thought that this was a valid reason from among various reasons he told, i informed the same to the management. Management went ahead and had a one to one with him and changed him to another serviceline which he claimed he knew and would be comfortable.
By the time all this happened he was about to finish two months of his probation with the company.
As my part , I told him to inform any problems he has with regards to his performance immediately without delaying the process any further to me as well as to his superior.

We allowed him to settledown and carry on his duties in the newserviceline which was assigned to him. After one more month the result was reviewed and again the management is unhappy with his performance.

He quoted the reason being the management is not taking the clients whom he is bringing.
Again we had a one to one with him and expalined to him once agian what we're into and what we provide as service to various prospective clients.
This time we issued a warning letter extending his 3 months probation asthere was no result or no target set has been achieved.

Soon after the warning letter was issued, this employee started performing a bit and this continued only for the month of April-May. That too his performance improved only by a bit where the management rated it as average but not even Good. Even after explaining to him in detail about our services he was unable to get the right set of clients is what i got as feedback from management.

Towards the end of may. we found in our records that this same employee has been tampering with the surviellance camera which would record his deeds during his work.
He would turn it off/ change the angle/ focus it to some other area in his cabin. He would do this to avoid from getting recorded when he would not perform his work resposibilities.
(Please note that our office is fitted with such cameras for the safety ans security of the office premises and to avoid any kind of miscrepencies on the floor as we're a RPO.
All the new employees are told about this when they join.)

At this both his superior and the management was furious as he tried to tamper with office property and was trying to aviod work by turning the camera to some other focus point and he used to take rest which got recorded in the same camera which he tampered.
Note: he works in night shift when no one from management is present except the tech admin and the security desk.
At this we reviewed his performance and to out dismay we found that he was only taking the extended period for granted and was not at all performing added to the fact that he started taking a number of leaves quoting some or the other reason.

At this we issued a second warning letter after asking him an explanation as to why he wanted to messup the camera in his cabin. The warning letter spoke about his behaviour as well as his performance.Immediately he took a leave of 5 days at a strech saying that he had severe back pain. We didn't had anything to say as he was unwell.
Once he returned we had a one to one with him and explained to him once again how important his conduct and performance is for the company. And also informed him that if he cannot improve his performance to the expected levels he will be terminated from the employment.

After this warning another new employee(employee 2) joined us in the same shift as employee1.

Now this employee 1 went ahead and badmouthed to employee 2 about our company and the processes that we're following. However the new employee 2 is from a reliable source and he gave us a feedback about employee 1's badmouth.

So I am being asked as to what we should do and how we should proceed with this employee 1?

After seeing the responses that you got, I am sure it will be good for our company to terminate this employee 1 from services with immediate effect.
I do have an alternative candidate ready.
Now my question is shall we give this employee 1 one more last chance for 15days and then terminate him or terminate him immediately.

Please give your suggestions. They are of utmost importance to me to handle this employee 1.

Regards
Vijaya

From India, Bangalore
merly
Dear Sohini,Don't worry dear. i would suggest you to take her off from the position, because if she continues this, the whole project is going to get collapsed. Take her out & give the responsiblity to someone like what Ravi said. But its better to take her off from the office as this may also affect other employees performance.There is no meaning in keeping a girl without flexiblity & performance.Regards,Merly
From India, Mumbai
sohini basu roy

thank you , thanks alot every body for your valuable suggestions........
special thanks to hsankararaman for explaining so nicely.....
am trying to apply all possible way to keep a healthy environment...... lets see how far i become successful.............

From India, New Delhi
shaheela.r@rttsindia.com
Hi all,
Am shaheela, senior HR in an IT company......am glad to be a part of this forum.
I have a crucial requirement , looking for logistics/commercial executives for Finance Department in Bangalore with 4-6 yrs experience. Do let me know on the contacts if any.

From India, Bangalore
satya_vrata
Hello all,

This problem is not of an ignorant personnel, who does not have a professional attitude. This problem pertains to the sequence of priorities the lady has ( are you getting me?).Let me explain:

Such people work because-
  1. They have qualification
  2. Everyone elso works
  3. One has to work
  4. Has to get married
  5. Does not want to stay at home
  6. Wants to be an independent and powerful women(Mahila mukti style)
They do not have the following-
  • Quest for efficiency
  • Desire to earn excellence and success
  • The feeling that work is bigger than person, personality, ego, love, hatred and so forth and so on...
Do this-
  1. Check, whether your organization cant get the project done without her
  2. Is there a chance of some kind of a loss or indirect retaliation if she leaves
  3. Can you find out a way , you can make her realize.
Then, go ahead-
  • If 1 and 2 do not apply, go, fire her out. Human resources does not mean charity.
  • If they are possible, think for the 3rd option, and for that you may read the suggestions given by many others.
And do remember, chance is pretty minimal that she will understand. She will change only if this attitude of hers makes her repent at some stage of her personal life or professional life Because i am sure when you will counsel her, she will keep thinking as to what to reply and that shall exude from her face.

Good Luck dear, be strong in taking decisions. Take Honey late instead of savouring slow poison.

Satyabrata Tripathy

From India, New Delhi
sriharimba001
Dear All,
Greetings to Everybody,
Iam Hari working as a Generalist HR for one of the IT company.
In our corporation Performance appraisals are going on.
can you let me know what type of appraisals r u following in your companies ?
I need to do some research in this regards.
It would be great ful if you can help me out..............................
Thanks & Regards,
Srihari

From India, Hyderabad
Pankaj Sharma Jaipur

Dear Sohini,I am altogether agreed with the thoughts and suggestion of Vidya. She has rightly said that you need to win your employees confidence and try to fish out what is the reason for not arriving to office at time. There may be some personal or professional problem, provide her with the best suggestion and check if she is doing work of her interest or not. Give her recognition, I thinkg that will work.Regards,Pankaj
From India, Chandigarh
mesonu.b
Hi,
As a professional hr i would suggest you to take a look around the work environment, i mean try to find you if the mentioned employee is maladjusted with her work. Most of the employees face the adjustment problem at the very beginning and it may lead to maladjustment in the work place for which she may not be able to cope up with her work, frns and even colleague too.
Again sometimes it may happen that she is being rejected by her work group and she is trying to separate herself from the colleague etc etc...Go ahead find the reason and do your level best.......
So being as a hr please try to counsel her and let her know how your organization value her. Try communicating and keep motivating such employee.
Always try to create a home like environment in your organisation.
Best Regards:icon1:
S Borah

From India, Ahmadabad
sandy.archana

I have only one suggestion..."TERMINATE" her.... Do you love to see all other member working with happily and obey your orders and policies or you want them to have the same attitude... You are in HR and not mockery piece don't take decision from heart, use your brains.....How u can tolerate such things going in your company.....

Ravi
I understand your statement but .....we are doing business and not charity …by the end of the day client is paying good amount of money and they need deliveries.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.