No Tags Found!

hiljose_35@yahoo.com
Dear Sirs,

We are hiring 'Trainees' and are governed by the Standing Orders as applicable in our Industry. The following points requires opinion as appended below :

1. We are paying stipend @ Rs 20500/- per month.
2. They are covered under ESCI.
3. Duration of training 01 year

Is there any circular regarding student-trainees are eligible for PF during the traineeship.

Thanks
Hilary Joseph

From India, Jaipur
Madhu.T.K

Trainees under the Standing Order (Certified standing order only) are excluded from the coverage of PF. Moreover, if these trainees are taking up their first employment with you, ie, they were not members of EPF right now, they can even be excluded as their remuneration is more than Rs 15000.
From India, Kannur
hiljose_35@yahoo.com
Dear Sir, Thank you sir for sharing your input on the subject.
From India, Jaipur
hiljose_35@yahoo.com
Dear Sirs, Am sharing few attachments on the subject of Trainees who can be covered under EPFO. Need your valuable advise. Regards, Hilary Joseph
From India, Jaipur
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpeg EPFO.1.jpeg (919.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpeg EPFO .jpeg (591.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg EPFO 2.jpeg (601.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpeg epfo 3.jpeg (601.1 KB, 16 views)

Madhu.T.K

Dear Hilary, what do you want to establish? I am unable to read the attachments. I have already said that in respect of trainees taken following the provisions in the Standing Order, you need not pay PF. But if you have more number of trainees than the regular employees and you have been engaging them like any regular employees like asking to do over time, do night duty etc then the situation will change.
From India, Kannur
hiljose_35@yahoo.com
Dear Sir, Agreed in principle but the consultants have confused us by sharing this attachment. Sir if you can share your mail id I can forward those attachment and please guide. Regards, Hilary
From India, Jaipur
Madhu.T.K

Please send it to madhu@defusir.com or madhukannoth@gmail.com. Let me see Madhu T K
From India, Kannur
hiljose_35@yahoo.com
Dear Sir, Good morning!!! Have shared the details on your mail IDs. Regards, Hilary Joseph
From India, Jaipur
Madhu.T.K

Dear Hiljose,
The issue is not about trainees under the Standing Orders but engagement of interns, right? The EPFO has already clarified that no employee employer relationship exists between an intern and the company. As such they are not covered by EPF and no contribution needs to be deducted from them. The conditions are: They should produce a letter from their Head of the Institution that they need to do the project or undergo internship as part of their curriculum. They should go back to their respective colleges on completion of the project/ internship period to complete their course. If these are established, you can accommodate interns and if you pay stipend, no PF is to be deducted from that. In the case of ESI also same is the position, I believe.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.