Anonymousauthenticator
Hi, On Dec 2023, Company A hired me for Company B under Contract 2 Hire (C2H) with the terms that if Company B likes my performance after 6 months, I will become permanent with Company B.

After joining, I started working with Company C, which is a client of Company B (a service-based company).

Now it is April 2024 and I want to resign from this contract 2 hire position as I have received a good opportunity in a different company altogether (Company Z)

Since I am still under the payroll of Company A, their offer letter, it is mentioned the notice period as 15 days.
However, permanent employees of Company B have a notice period of 90 days.

I am working for the first time under a contractual job. Now, if I submit my resignation to Company A, do I only have to serve a 15-day notice period as the payroll company for me is Company A?

Or can they ask me to serve a longer notice period as per Company B since Company A hired me for Company B?

Please suggest.

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

Legally, your contract of employment is with Company A who is paying you salary etc. The Company B or C or any other company for whom you work is immaterial. Therefore, you need to serve only 15 days notice only.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.