No Tags Found!

hr-kireeti
Dear All - First of all thank you for taking time to read my query.
I am working as an HR in a mid-size IT company, as this sector's employees are considered to be white-collar employees, please let me know if May 1st 2024 (Labor Day) should be a mandatory holiday.

Thank you!
Nandini S

From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

Yes, according to section 31 of Telangana Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, May day (1st may) is a mandatory holiday. Please remember that May Day is not meant for labourers and if you consider that your establishment does not have labourers but can run with white collar employees, you are wrong. Out of your Officers, those having functional responsibility of a manager with authority to approve the leaves, authority to initiate disciplinary action against other employees/ subordinates and authority to appraise the performance of subordinates only are White Collar as per labour law and all others, in IT, Techies, are workers only and all the protection as per the labour law like Industrial Disputes Act will be available to them. About holidays also, the same principle applies, and you can keep your managers working in the office but for others it should be paid holiday only.
From India, Kannur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Nandini,
First of all, there is nothing called Vibgour coloured Jobs. In reality all these synonyms have been created to break the even laws & rules, as well to break the integrity of working class.
The one who works in field( crops, software, services) puts his hard labour of time to bring out a product, and which has been marketed for cost.
We can see, the field & labour remained intact but change in output product. No one can sustain without food which are coming from agriculture field but life can be sustained without software,hardware and any FMCG products. The real funny thing is that there is no parity either in wages or in laws & rules. Because of classifications, in name of coloured jobs.
In this discussion Mr Madhu has given the insight in context to ur post. In my opinion the May Day should be a holiday for all who puts labour for wages, salaries.

From India, Mumbai
hr-kireeti
Thank sir (both Mr. Madhu & Mr Prabhat Ranjan Mohanty) for your guidance. In that case wont Telangana Formation Day 2nd June, also be a mandatory holiday?
From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

State Formation day is a mandatory holiday in certain states only. Under Telangana Act, November 1st being Andhra Pradesh formation day is declared as mandatory holiday! At the same time no holiday is declared for the day under Andhra Act.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.