khamis-moses
I'm new in this field of HR please I need your help about some ethics how to handle employee problems as this is people centered profession one have to be humble and calm but at times I really have emotions but I've to control it and make it not be realised by the employees. Some employees are really giving me hard time. Please you ideas will enable me to handle such difficult situations.

Rahul Chhabra

Dear Anony,
Indeed, HR is a people centered profession! An HR professional has to wear many hats or fit in different shoes, and some of them may stink too!! haha....jokes apart. My only advice - Fake it, till you make it. It's you, your career and your calmness.
Regards
Rahul Chhabra

From India, Delhi
KK!HR

There will always be some difficult or off the track employees. They have to be dealt with and cannot be wished away. Is it a science that anyone can learn or is it an art, depending on your innate skills, many a find this question baffling. The answer is, be it a science or art, certain basic skills can be learnt and the further growth depends on the efforts you put in and your ability to adapt yourself. First and foremost is the ability to listen patiently to the other and to his satisfaction, hear the other party fully and satisfyingly to him and then only you come up with your answers. Next, importantly say what you mean and mean what you say. You need to create an image of being dead honest and consciously live up to it. (you should not play politics). Be aware of the rules and regulations before you promise anything and commit only what is possible of you. If any commitment is made then try everything possible to get it realised. Also, if there is any last minute hitch in getting something done, tell the other party in advance instead of waiting for that party to talk to you because your explanation would be then less convincing. Try to rehearse mentally what you are going to say and assess its impact before choosing your verbiage. Above all, you need to be optimistic and confident.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.