pulipaka_ramarao

Dear Sangani,
With reference to your query, please refer Sec 4 under Payment of Gratuity Act - 1972 Rules.It means an employee who has completed 5 years continuous service, then only he is eligible for gratuity @ 15 days wages for every completed year of service or part there of in excess of six months service. Continuous service means an employee who worked more than 240 working days in a calendar year.If you want clear clarification about continuous service please go through the contents under 25 B of ID Act under chapter VA or refer sec 79 & 80 for leave with holidays under Factories Act -1948 and also Sec 4 b of Gratuity Act.
Regards
P.V.Rama Rao

From India, Chennai
prakash k

Hi,
During the notice period also, he will be serving for the organisation. Hence, we need to consider as on duty and and taken for arriving at 240 days in the fifth year for arriving at gratuity eligibility.
regards
prakash

From India, Madras
sangani

Dear Abubakkar,
Thanks for your prompt response...
total 5 years are not required for gratuity, in fact after continuous service of 4yrs + 240 days, the employee becomes eligible for gratuity..
My question is that if a person has completed 4 yrs. & 5 months & if he/she gives resignation, & according to policy he have serve three month notice so total it became 4 yrs & 8 months... now the person is still eligible for Gratuity??
Reg's,
Sangani...

From India, Mumbai
ananthnellai
Dear Sir Kindly advice to me for my head said dont deduct EPF from salary and we make gratuity provision for every month, so what i am asking we will make gratuity provision to my head or not.
From India, Bangalore
sangani

Dear All,
Mr.Abubakkar & Mr.Rao are saying that he is not eligible as he must have completed 240 days in 5th Yr..
And according to Mr.Prakash, the person is eligible...
Any ways appreciate your courtesy..according to Mr.Rao, i'll go through the said sections for respective Acts..
Thanks,
Reg's,
Sangani...

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.