No Tags Found!

vinu415
Hi,
All new joinees, irrespective of seniority or designation, must have a Probation Period. As correctly brought out earlier, this is the observation period for the new employee, where he is checked for suitability and adaptability. Even the very experienced and senior persons need to adapt to the new surroundings and people.
Generally for all positions, the probation period is 6 months, and could be extended by a further period of 6/ 12 months. During this period, the employee does not enjoy all the priveleges and benefits that a regular employee would enjoy like leave, etc. Also during probation period, there is no notice period to be served in case of resignation.
I hope that this has been helpful.
Regards,
Vasudev

From India, Madras
mustafamk
Hi,
Even i am working in a IT company as HR Executive and i personally beleive that probation period is required at all levels because every employee must be judged with his work for few months and compare the results with the past records.
Regards
Mustafa

From India, Mumbai
Sunil Singhal

Dear Friends,
Probabtion period has to be completed by every new joinee, let him be a fresher or experiened employee.
This is compulsory even if an ex-employee re-joins the organization. He also has to perform in the probabation period. Duration of this period is different issue. It can be 3 or 6 months. But generally 3 for experienced and 6 for fresher of less experienced employee.
Seniors please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards,
Sunil Singhal

From India, Solan
Anuranjan

Its totally depends on different company policies...but in my view..it should be applicable to all levels in company.
How far Project manager..leave is concern...salary deduction and some other sort of penalty should be charged
Thanks
anuranjan

From India, Bangalore
Govil Nanda

Hi I completly agree with Anuranjan, it depend upon company policy. But in most of the companies probation period is ther for all the levels. Regards Govil Nanda
From India, Delhi
Shanmugam Thilakk

Dear Seema,
1. probation period is important whether the Person is senior or Junior
2. Why company is giving Probation period means
a. Employee has to understand the company culture, activities and etc
b. also Management has to understand the New employees
3. If new employee or while employee in Probation period, is taking a long leave without proper information, you can deduct his salary ( also check your company leave policy )
Best of Luck ...
Shanmugam Thilakk
Email : thilak.ts @camail.com

From India, Salai
omprakashmahata
As per my knowledge any employee either at Senior or Junior level, probation remains same for all. Om Prakash
From India, Vadodara
CareerHR
Dear Seema,
Probationary period is included in the HR Policies of every orgn. It may vary from Category.Generally upto Senior Manager level it is 6 months for General Manager and above upto VP/Sr.VP it is 3 months. In case of leaves ,the new joinee is entilted for leaves from the very first day of his joining .But he can avail leaves only after completion of certain period say three months (you need to fix the period) else new joinees will start availing the leaves from the begining itself.
I n case of any further clari ,please do revert on

From India, Mumbai
manish2678

in our company we dont have probation period for mgmt. grade and yes it depends upon ur co. policy. regds
From India, Delhi
rajakalyani

this is good question and i’m also thinking that same , here i have one doubt how can i reduced our company salary which is going under down . Please tell some good idea if anybody knows.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.