No Tags Found!

lokender.k
Dear Krishan,
Change is painful and resistance is obvious. Change process need to be administered very carefully. One way to tackle such situations is that you take them for a constructive discussion. Give them the problem (for which you have changed timings) and ask them for probable solutions. May be they will be able to give some alternate solutions and one most suitable and acceptable to all can be selected. This new solution will be acceptable to them and they will abide by it as the decision is made by them. There will be ownership from their side. This is corrective action.
I have used this method a couple of times and it has given me favorable results.
In long run, try to have multi skilling and alternate to every person so that no body is in a position to blackmail organisation.
Regards,
Lokender

From India, Gurgaon
H Chaitanya
Dear Krishnan,
You have yourself given a problem to the solution in your last message.
AS business increased does your management intend to recruit more people if so your problem is solved
I would suggest you to start doing the below in case the management has plans to recruit
> Understand the critical roles played by each of the veteran employee
> Educate your boss to have back up plans and may be you can suggest him to slowly pass on certain roles to new employees
> This would in-fact cut down the workload on the team and ensure the operations are run more efficiently and dependability is would be reduced
I hope you would have got it by now.
Given the situation your are just 3 months old and your boss is also willing to bring in more changes It should do wonders

From India, Bangalore
sambasi

Do you have a system to record the employees in and out timings (say manual or electronic).
If you do not have at present, impress upon the CEO the need for such an arrangement in view of the current issue. Installing such a system will send a strong signal to the habitual late-comers.
If you have it already, pl collect data for a month or so and show the data to CEO and let him address the employees for bringing about the discipline (since you are a junior now in the organization).
I have seen that taking strong action on an individual for gross mis-conduct, sends a strong message to other people. Such an action may affect the work for a short duration but will improve the situation in a long run;
Sambasi

From India, Madras
sambasi

Thank for your clarification. Please use the data to improve the situation. (Data without analysis / review serves no purpose). You can also use them as a part of annual performance review of employees.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.