No Tags Found!

gnan.prabhakar@gmail.com
Dear H. Thakur 5 years of continuous service for eligibility of gratuity is not applicable to those who terminated from the employment by death. so, it is eligible for gratuity Regs G.Prabhakar
From India, New Delhi
Seema mujumdar
Hi friends,In case of death of an emplyee services rendered by him for 1.5 Yrs i.e. 12+6= 18 months, will be considered as 2 Yrs for the calculation of gratuity amount which comes to for 30 days as per Sec. 6 (2)and his nominee will be eligible to receive the same. In other words, if an employee dies before completing 6 months of continuous service, his nominee will not b eligible to receive any amount towards gratuity.
From India, Nagpur
D.N.Sharma
On Death he/she gets his/her gratuity under the provisions of the Gratuity Act as passed by the Law.
From India, Delhi
sethupathy-s

Dear all,
The gratuity calculation for death cases is in relation with the no of years they were serviced not the remaining years of services as few of our friends mentioned.
The remaining years of services can be considered only in the Employees Compensation Act ( earlier Workmen Compensation Act).
Here the point is the death occured in the course of the employment and arising out of the employment.
But in the case of Death for gratuity, the death can be of any nature not neccesserily out of the employment, hence the question of remining years of services does not arises.
so the point mentioned by Seema is correct.
S.Sethupathy
Excellent HR Services,
Erode.

From India, Selam
swamisyal
My appointment in a company is as CEO for a three years term. Gratuity is part of my CTC. Suppose my term is not extended after completion of three years, how shall I get gratuity?
From India, Mumbai
sunilcms

In case of relavant emloyee the dependent will get Gratuity for 2 years and calculation will be Last Drawn Basi X 15*2/26
As service upto 6 month and above shuld be considered as a year
Thanks
Sunil Nipurte

From India, Pune
sethupathy-s

Dear all
Normally corporate companies are included the Gratuity Amount Due for the employee in the CTC, this is mainly because of the Provision for the gratuity is mentioned in their books of accounts. You all know the gratuity is a liability of the employer.
The Calculation is 4.81% of the current Basic salary on monthly basis.
Mr.Swamisyal has to lose his gratuity if he leaves the company at the end of third year or else he has to check his terms of employment for any provision on CTC gratuity payment.
S.Sethupathy,
Excellent HR Services,
Erode.

From India, Selam
manohara152
Hi Thakur.
Its not possible to claim the Gratuity. because those who are completed of 4.6 months service they are only eligeble to claim gratury. its include probationery period also.
Regards.
Manohara

From India, Bangalore
D.N.Sharma
Dear All, Gratuity within 1.5 years can be paid in case of death or can be consider in case of terminatin / retrenchment in view of compensation only. D. N. SHARMA- GGN- Hr.
From India, Delhi
Seema mujumdar
Mr. SWAMISYAL, You will be eligible for the Gratuity only if you work for a minimum period of 5 years. and ofcourse only after seperaton from the said Co.
From India, Nagpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.