madhuraparab

Hello to All Seniors,
I would like to know if any female emploee informed about her pregnency, then what are formalities company needsto complets ? If the employee is come under ESI & if she is not covered under ESI .(i.e her sal is more than Rs.10000/-)
Pls guide me what are the register need to maintained.
Pls mail me @
Regards,
Madhura.

From India
vikramlamhe

If she is not covered under the ESI then she is covered under Maternity Benefit act,1961.
You need to pay a medical bonus of Rs.1000/- and maternity leaves for 12 weeks with full salary.
Pl revert back if you have any other query in this regard. Pl see the copy of the act for the ref.

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf THE MATERNITY BENEFIT ACT 1961.pdf (18.0 KB, 669 views)

R.N.Khola

Dear Vikram,
Having due regards to you answer to the query & efforts made on M. B. Act,1961 we have observed some contradiction/irregularities in your attachment on important points of this Act. We would like to highlight as under:
Point No. IV. The attachment matreial shows that in the shape of medical bonus a sum of Rs.250/- will be given to the woman employee while it has already enhanced to Rs.1000/-. You have also shown Rs.1000/- in your answer to the query.
Point No.XII. This point shows that only Form 'L' is to be sent in the shape of annual return to the Complete (competent) Authority upto 31st jan. According to our opinion the position should be as shown at point no. 16 of this attachment. Plz go through your state rules to see the correct picture as point no. 16 is in accordance with the central rules while the State rules may differ from the central rules.
Thanks & regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
niketamangule@gmail.com
Hi,
I am expecting by eight months my due date is 7th dec 2010, i am eplyoeed to the organisation from may 2009. That time i was not covered under esic, but from when the esic has increased this limit i have been covered under esic from may 2010, i had enquiry for my maternity leave but i will be not getting cash benefit from esic.my organisation is saying i will be getting 12 weeks maternity leave but i have to take it before 6 week of due date nad after 6 week, is it complusaory to take a maternity leave in thius way only beacuse my doctor and ou factory doctor are saying i can waork till 1 week before my due date. i want to take 12 week leave after my delivery. it is possible please help. i am confused because some are saying that i can take full 12 week benifit after by delivery also.

From India, Mumbai
rajanassociates

Dear The medical Bonus has been increased.Please check on the figure. With Regards E-mail : rajanassociates@eth,net, Mobile : 9025792684.
From India, Bangalore
R.N.Khola

Dear Members,
VS Rajan Associates have rightly pointed out that the amount of Rs. 1000/- has been increased to Rs.2500/- vide The Govt. of India Gazette dated 11.08.2008. & if this is also increased the members are requested to tell us the latest. Thanks for correction.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
c.shekar2011
Dear hr
this is simple ESI under cover you will eliable benefit after 9 months if may 2010 covered you will be getting esi benefit jan-11 already you are taking maternity benefit
* Finaly management decision may be given or may not be give
thanks & Regards
Chandra Shekar.N

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.