No Tags Found!

hopegovind

LI- Labour Inspector
I agree to his statement and I also expressed similar view. Such outdated law is a tool in the hand of labour inspectors/ Government Law officers (GLOs) and other such officers
Regards
Govind

From India, Mumbai
rds@futureinstitutions.org

Dear Colleagues,

Imagine various terminologies and applicable provisions of standing orders are supposed to be taken commonly and uniformly a guidelines. The model SO code itself suggest and allows employers and employees to set best working conditions with mutual consents with genuineness, fairness, firmness , just and appropriate practicable approaches. Your 4-5 pages appointment letter can not cover all code of conducts, misconducts,when its breaches and terms and conditions related to punishment .Yes it has few but does not in totality. One of my very senior IR boss used to call SO as Bhagwat Geeta and then I took seriously the SO through out my career. I have no hesitation to say that this should be regarded with meaningful applications at every place of business. Act is rightly given a place in labour jurisprudence.Since Model Act is one and industries are large in numbers ; basis their nature of business, provisions of working conditions, good practices can be included in firming up a certified standing orders otherwise you could not locate every point and procedures anywhere.I suggest beginners and others who have not made thorough study to please read provision of The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946 and develop thoughtful insights .

RDS Yadav

Advisor and Management Consultant

+91- 8057800040

From India, Bareilly
c.neyimkhan56@gmail.com

Hallow CiteHR Members.
I thank Shri Govind Sharma, RDS Yadav, TK Madhu and my Senior Shri Ram Ravarathna (whom I met in Sami Lab, Peenya, years back) for their updates on SO.
HR has a moral responsibility to create awareness of all laws especially SO acts; what employees are supposed to do, what not to do, their duties, obligations etc., Courts have ruled that employer cannot punish its employees for acts not specified in the Certified SO.
Though it is a statutory obligation, it is educative & HR Dept. must take the lead to create awareness of SO among employees & implement it.
Ph: 9535470460

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.