RITISH
Hi...

I don't feel notice period of three months is a long period, the same is because it gives the ample time to recruit a proper person for that position to HR and the person who is about to be relieved can hand over the charge to the new person in all aspects by staying with him in the notice period.

The notice period should be decided up on the position, for example Managerial cadre people should have atleast 45days to 3months notice period because at that cadre they will handling some important tasks or they are in to some important assignments. If they leave the company just like that after giving their papers is ridiculous, with the company where he is working will suffer as well as the HR will be in a pressure for recruiting that position, it may lead to wrong selection of candidate by both the technical and HR team under pressure.

Policy of the notice period should ne flexible on the either sides in case of urgency the employer should relieve after the proper change hand over upon the proper reasons from the employee.

Regards

Ritish Khan

Raul.

Hi,
According to me three months notice period is too long for any person to serve. As today the market in highly performance driven and people are picked like anything on this criteria. Once an employee gets a new job he looks forward to get relieved from the present one. So being an Hr person you need to have back ups for every body you are responsible for. And that is where manpower planning and attrition rate analysis comes into picture.
Again this would be feasible for managerial , senior managerial & for key positions. According to me one month is a better TAT for any Hr to fill the exe to asst managerial positions...
Regards
Raul

From India, Madras
rkc30

Dear members,
Notice period can be on the basis of association with the company as for
Probation Period - 7 Days - 15 Days
On Confirmation - 1 Month
After 2 Years - 2 Months
After 3 Years - 3 Months (Maximum Notice period required)
Regards,
Rajeev Kr Chaudhary

From India, Chandigarh
Govil Nanda

Dear Meghna I agree with all that 3 months is to big a period, ideally it is 1 month every where. Regards Govil Nanda
From India, Delhi
fahdkhan

Dear All,
1 month notice period is enough but if an employee completes and hand overs all the assignments then there is no need to bound the employee, just let him go by waiving the remaining notice period.
Regards,
Fahd Khan Sherani

From Pakistan, Karachi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.