pbskumar2006

Dear Pankaj ji,As our friends says the B.Ed. degree will be considered for accadamic qualificatioan. Some of the universities BA (MANAGEMENT) cources are offering. If such cources you would have choose your B.Ed may useful. But my advise is don't stop for B.Ed you go further upto M.Phil.REgards,PBS KUMAR
From India, Kakinada
parveen kundlu
Dear Seniors,
I am presently working as Executive HR in a Telecom industry at Himachal Pradesh. I have undergone B.Ed(Regular) degree and then took up teaching as career for around 01 year I was a teacher. I have PG diploma in HR and presently pursuing MBA (HR) through distance mode. but now i want to do LLB but i am in confusion my confusion is that i cant leave my job due to some my personal problem so plz. help me from where i can do LLB because i want to continues my job also.plz. help me because this session also going on.
paveen kundlu

From India, Chandigarh
VNPraveen

Dear All
Yes, definitly LL.B degree is an added advantage for HR proffessionals.For a decent and fast growth it helps you a lot and morever there are very few proffessionals available with this combination.My own case is a good example, I have done my LL.B. and MBA-HR immediately after B.Com (Hons.),with 2+ yrs of experience Iam heading the HR-Dept. of a reputed company.
Naga Praveen
Manager-HR
GGL.

From India, Hyderabad
Nayana Chander

Dear Pankaj

I agree with Katyana about B.Ed as an academic and PG diploma and MBA degree as professional qualifications. I do wish you all the best for your courses/degree, whichever you choose.

However, there is one aspect that I would like to be discussed here - How can the experience of a Teacher be disregarded /irrelevant when it comes to HR?

I mean, HR is about Payroll, Admin, Training... and a whole lot about "People Management"!

I feel this skill is not limited to Management Trainees only. A mere degree or certificate would not qualify one to handle peoples emotions. Being a teacher has already given you the much needed insight to the vast range of human emotions. Having dealt with students of various intellects and psyches, you most certainly are equiped with a few aspects of "Employee relations" viz.- Conflict management, identification of training needs, employee (student) egagement :), counselling, motivation and retention, performance optimization, channelising negative emotions, and so on...

Its all about how you perceive what you have learnt... HR learning is not limited to Business schools. It continues long after you have left those nostalgic campuses and are atop the chart of your organization.

My observation - In joint families of days not so distant, matriarchs & patriarchs of the families would use all rules of the books that we now study to keep their families divided/together, not all of them were educated! What's your say?

From India, Pune
gopan

Pankaj,
Katyana may be an experienced and distinguished member. But i am not inclined to agree with him. BEd will make you to understand the psychology of students whether they are in school or college. Understanding the mass is important in HRM, especially if you are heading the department. Understanding the individual and methods of assessing an individual etc. will be learned by you only if you do a course in psychology, a part of which you have done in BEd. Doing MBA will help you to understand the various managerial applications and convert the theory into practice. LLB gives you a very good general awareness of many areas, not only the legal aspects, which is also good for an HR practioner. So do not worry about your academic profiles, but think about how can you use what you have learned in theory into your official life/ routine work/ or even in personal life as a real practioner.
Then you will become a good manager.
Thats what I practice , and I feel that I am quite successful in my profession and personal life.
Thanks
Gopan

From India, Kochi
gaggan_sahni

Dear All,
I am planning to pursue one year diploma in global human resource management from Univ Canda in collaboration with Pyschometric Testing Limited. Their Office is in Mumbai does anyone have any idea about the same what kind of institute this is and what kind of value the diploma holds …pls let me know …ppl in Mumbai can help on this ..their address is Ajanta Training Center, Hotel Ajanta, juhu tara road, Mumbai, HEY GUYS PLS GUIDE……

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.