rajesh bommaan
Need a consultant who can implement ISO 30414:2018 - Human resource management — Guidelines for internal and external human capital reporting

This document provides guidelines on the following core HCR areas:

— compliance and ethics;

— costs;

— diversity;

— leadership;

— organizational culture;

— organizational health, safety and well-being;

— productivity;

— recruitment, mobility and turnover;

— skills and capabilities;

— succession planning;

— workforce availability.

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rajesh,

Thanks for approaching this forum for the consultant. Many members may not even know that there exists a standard for HR reporting. Whose initiative is it? Is it by you or your management or does your customer want you to implement this standard?

Have you gone through the standard? If you have not, then you may download from the following link:

https://www.ulstandardspdf.com/download?postid=1439

The document is copyright protected. However, since a free version is available on the internet, I am sharing a link.

However, my views are different. None of the points mentioned in your list needs ISO standards. The measurement of some of the points has been going on for several years. However, ISO has packaged it so they can sell them well. I have downloaded the standard and have gone through it. I found a few shortcomings. These are as below:

a) The ISO standard does not mention the measurement of the training cost or the measurement of ROI on training. Why? In fact, whether for training or otherwise, the entire document does not have the phrase "ROI", except for Human Capital ROI. Only two costs are measured, i.e., recruitment cost and turnover cost. What about other costs? By the way, I have given an in-depth explanation of HC ROI on this forum.

b) As far as the organisation's culture is concerned, the ISO standards restrict the reporting only to two points, engagement/satisfaction/commitment and retention rate. What if the engagement rate and retention rate is good, but still the organisation is not innovative? Does innovativeness not signify the strength of the organisation's culture?

By putting forth my above comments, I do not wish to underestimate the importance of the ISO standards as such. Nevertheless, the standards bring bureaucracy in their wake too. Additionally, ISO standards are no guarantee for making an enterprise competitive. For staying competitive, the top leadership has to scan the market continuously and identify the opportunities. In India, there is no dearth of companies having ISO. However, why are Indian companies unable to compete with Chinese companies?

By the way, out of 64 economies, India maintained 43rd rank on an annual World Competitiveness Index compiled by the Institute for Management Development (IMD) that examined the impact of COVID-19 on economies around the world this year.

Secondly, India has climbed two spots to 46 in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2021 prepared by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).

Both the rankings speak volumes. Indian companies have to do much more than acquiring ISO that just fixes the systems and processes!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.