sireeshaeramalli
Hi,
I some how feel that these ideas are a bit harsh and the idea given by swetha is suitable for Manufacturing industries as they will be paid wages daily, so i feel its not correct for software industry as their salaries are high and they will not think for the monetar benefits which they get if they are not in any kind of LOP's...
and my suggestion would be send a reminder mail to all the employees about the leave policy and time managemnet policy of the company which should be a soft mail and should meet our objective of reducing the Late comings...actually it worked in our company and we are happy with this....
Regards,
Sireesha
HR-Executive.

From India, Secunderabad
sushma_uday

Hello,
I am sushma Uday working for IT industry. you can follow the following to reduce.
1. Educate on the office timings initially for 2 times
2. If still a there is no improvement then notice on grace time on intramet / notrice board.
3. weekly report to the Head of the team/department.
4. A conselling session to late comers (on personal level).
5. half day for 2 / 3 lates...
Regards
Sushma

RITISH
The only better way to stop the Late commers in the Office
Just deduct the leaves from their leave balance and send the details of the late commings to their immediate superiors and HOD's and issue a memo
Regards
Ritish
Sr.Executive

chandan_chatt

Hi,
Late comings is a decease. There are many control to prevent this type of situation and which is stated hereunder.
1. Counselling
2. Creating Personal Business Score Card
3. Create work life
4. Information about late comings to the respective employees.
4. Issue Show Cause
6. Warning
Rgds,
CC

wilfi
Dear friends

I introduced a late penalty and bonus system in my office. I have attached the same. However, rules and polcies are abundant in our country and corporates, but whether it is practiced and implemented with bias is a big question. In my office even the new system was a failure due to favoritism. Our polcies is that whenever a person comes late, s/he has to produced a late slip signed by Dept head submitted to HR dept. We also have Onduty slip, which means, in order to avoid giving overtime, if a person leaves office beyond 7 pm, then they can come late next day but they have submit "on duty" slip signed by their dept head. However, HR cannot control anything and the discipline always lies in the hands of employee's immediate sueprvisor / manager. When we are not giving overtime, then we should not insist much on late.

How late is late is also a big question as we have permission also which is confusing. So we allow free 3 lates in a month and Two permission in months, each permission 2 hours. Late means maxim 15 minutes after grace time of 5 minutes. So an employee can avail 3 free lates or 2 permission. Totally only 3, means, 2 lates + 1 permission in a month or 1 late and 2 permision in a month or any combination.

I feel, marking late or giving permission or giving compensatory off for working on holiday should be left to the employees immediate supervisor. This is because, HR cannot be monitoring this dilay and it is waste of time. Department head should only ensure discipline among their staff and it is their choice to permit/allow late though they should ensure the jobs are completed. If the jobs are completed and their staff are productive, we need not look into all these. Also I feel, this would be like micromanaging.

At the same time, if your office environment is open all with mutliple departments employees seated in the same all along with their dept heads, then discipline should be common for all. If all employes of a particular department sits in a separate closed cabin then, we can leave it to their managers choice. However, at the end of the year, during appraisal/increment, we can discuss the same with the Department head and get his justification for allowing lates

Regards

Wilfred

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc late_slab_183.doc (42.0 KB, 727 views)

vinodMBA
Hello seniors really this one (Suggested by swetha) is excellent idea to control the late comings........ Regards, Vinod
From India, Hyderabad
LOLA

LATE COMING IF PERPETUAL CAN BE TERMED AS GROSS MISCONDUCT WHICH CAN WARRANT SUMMARY DISMISSAL ACCORDING TO LABOUR LAW.
BUT BEORE DISMISSAL, THERE MUST BE WARNING ORALLY AND IN WRITING. THE PERSON MUST ALSO BE COUNSELLED OR ELSE IT WILL BE WRONGFUL.
IF ALL THESE ARE DONE AND EMPLOYEE REMAINS A LATE COMER, THEN HE CAN BE DISMISSED.

From Nigeria, Ibadan
Amith R Murthy

Hi All,
Very good topic for discussion and infact we have got lots of inputs on this. I would like to know what is the step that our friend as taken to solve this problem after so much of inputs. That will probably summarize and also make us to understand what is the best thing to be done in such cases.
Regards
Amith R.

From India, Bangalore
naresh_husys

yes the ideas mentioned by you will ba great help.. But the Monetory benifits may leads to negatives within the organisation...and the Reward in cash may not be allways a booster for Employees.. the recognition.. and also the appreciation in a non monetory ways as you suuggested .. will be the best way i can say..
What we experimented in our organisation was little of Ghandhigir Style of Munnabhai for Late commers.. We placed a Small Smily Sticker on the Bike Staying that "i will be on time today" .. that worked for few.. and for people not having bikes its placed on their desk...
Lets see other too will change... but has
regards,
Naresh

From India, Delhi
M. Ramzan Sheikh

First develop and issue you attendance policy which should cover benefits and incentive for punctual employee and punishments for late comers. Usually 3 lates are treated equal to one casual leave and deducted accordingly.
Strictly implementation and monitoring of the attendance policy will cover all problems belong to attendance and time management.
Regards,
Ramzan Sheikh

From Pakistan, Karachi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.