No Tags Found!

Adityaa
Anyone can help with the process on how to pitch to a corporate for soft skill training? What documents should be given? How do they judge to see if you're a fit or not etc.

I'm eager to learn from corporate training experts.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Adityaa,

Selection for corporate training just does not happen only the documents or the brochure that you submit. It also depends on how you carry yourself, your communication skills in general and your choice of words in particular and so on. You should be able to convince your client that you will be able to connect with your audience very well.

Rather than working as a freelancer, I recommend you work in the training department. This transit employment will help you in a big way. While working in the training department, you may hire an external trainer. After every training programme, write notes on the following points:

a) His/her method of delivery, the ability to hold the audience captive
b) His/her presentation skills, what examples were given to drive the point
c) How did he/she handle the questions or queries
d) How did he/she handle the humour
e) How did he/she handle games and simulation
f) How did he/she give debrief after the game or simulation
g) Any other noticeable points

You need not just rely on the external trainers hired by the company. However, whenever some training company organises a public workshop, you may attend it. It does not matter even if you have to pay. This is your cost of learning or investment. Nominate yourself only for the classroom sessions and not online sessions.

The success of faculty depends on the ability to connect the training with their workplace. This is much easier said than done.

I have been giving comments on the subject of training for the last 15 years. You may refer to those. However, to refer to the prominent amongst them, click the following link:

https://www.citehr.com/523786-traini...ml#post2222367

My latest comment on training: - https://www.citehr.com/635562-traini...ml#post2480741

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.