gbm_pampi
hi prachi,
i feel he is getting other good options. or he is an idiot. talk to him.convince that things are done according to company policies.
may be he loves his wife blindly. blind love. ha.ha........ha.......ha
wife must have told him to do this with a "ronewali soorat".

From India, Bangalore
manusharma
I read ur delimma,and some interesting viewpoints.It appears that ur director level employee knows that ur company thinks him to be indespensable.That is why despite knowing the company policies he is trying to enforce his will.He should be counselled that his wife is simply not his wife,but also an entry level employee with the company.As such she would enjoy perks as applicable to her status as an entry level employee.Also apprise him that u value his services,but he is violating company norms.Preferential treatment to his wife would damage morale and discipline.If it still does not work out an audience with the top brass of ur company would be in order.A person who gets perturbed on a small issue like birthday celebrations,would not really make a good leader.No body is indispensible!But the basic fabric otf the organisation is
From India, Delhi
Ramesh Rajagopal

Hi Prachi,
This not a solution to your problem but a suggestion to avoid such incidents in future. We too celebrate employee birthdays but we dont have two different systems. All employees are treated in the same way.
Birthday celebration is one of the opportunity for HR to show the employees that we are all one and it will help to build good employee relations. Employee morale will improve when senior management people attend and wish during their birthdays.
Regards-Ramesh
uote=prachi_jain;458828]Hey guys
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. But, my problem is that he is working with the company for the last 7 years. He is very efficient and he has proved this over a period of time. My company does not want to loose the employee and being at a level where its me who has to interact with him....................i dont know what should I do?
We cannot afford to loose him and at the same time we cannot afford to celebrate his wife's birthday.
Please help me solve this issue.............
Prachi[/quote]

From Singapore, Singapore
vinodh_haas
Hi Prachi,
I guess child ego should be his problem. You may not be in a position to tackle this. If you feel that he is an excellent resource, you may pursue his wife to convince him. If you allow him to quit, again his wife may follow, which will give wrong signals.
Vinodh

From India, Madras
Sreeramca

Hi Prachi, someone at the director level does not understands this, he is not fit to be in that position. let him get annoyed & leave the organization. Regards,
From India, Madras
mallikatr
Dear Prachi,
Now it is evident that the HR policy is right to mention that Husband and wife should never work in the same place. In case you do not have this included in your policy, please suggest this point.
Normally, it is surprising to find a person sitting at a Director Level to behave so immaturely. I am not so sure if he would really put in his papers beause his wife's birthday was not celebrated similar to that of his.
I would suggest you keep this matter at a LOW KEY as it is so trivial ( a personal matter). Wait and see what would be his next course of action.In case he does start to treat his colleagues badly(yourself etc) then put the ball in his court and ask him "How would you want to resolve this issue?"
Regards,
Mallikatr

From India, Bangalore
manasvi

Here I want to tell one thing- not spl related to this case but in general also.
If somebody complains for anything. His/her complain should be given blind eye if does come with a appropriate suggestion/solution.
In this case- the director is the position wherein he has some UNDEFINE jobs to be done for the Company apart from his core job which is called moral responsibility for example: he could have thought the solution of this problem before filling the complain. But individual personality differe person to person. You can not help if he does not understand this.

Secondly: I perosnally do not belive in doing any demarcation among the employees, let it be junior level or seniour level. If he/she is emplyee-should be treated alike spl on such occassion. B'day/annivesery comes once in a year for all. Does it come for junior staff daily, weekly hence should be celebreated in the manner alike senior staff... If you had same sort of moderate function/celebration (not extravagant) for all, this problem would have never taken place.

My openion. Not decision.

From India, Bangalore
Asha2005

hi Prachi...
Best idea... just forward this topic thread to him.. he will understand what stupid demands he was making.... he will be able to analyse the situation from the majorities point of view...
If you for go this policy..what about other policies that are existing..will u bend each and every policy just because she is directors wife...
Being a director he should have that much of common sense not to bend rules..or show favouritsm...
Only way is convince him on the impact of the morale of the people working there...

From India, Madras
rakesh3211
Please refer to the post by you at where you have written something for professionals, if this guy is not a profession then anyways he sud not be in the org. and that to at a director level.
: https://www.citehr.com/113121-direct...ame-his-3.html

From India, Mumbai
kumaran siva

I feel he is not suitable for the post director. If a director want to break existing systems and rule with new one for the betterment of the organisation, then i can agree that he is suitable for that post. If he is really suitable for that post, then he should be told his wife to leave the job the day he got married her, but instead he is demanding some thing against the interest of the company. It is better, such kind of people not to be in such a position becuase in future he will do any thing against the company for his own benefit.
thanks
shiv kumar

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.