Bhavna.B

Hi friend,
Its ok, well I have gone through your suggestion, somewhere I really feel to hire this person. Maybe he did this first time and that’s y he caught up. Even i have observed one thing that he is working for one limited co. some times it does happen that if co. is giving job security somewhere the increment rate is poor. (Correct me if I am wrong)
This has made him to do so.
Still that position is open, I have shortlisted 2 candidates though they have exp its not from the same industry. Whereas this fellow has exp from same industry.
2nd most imp thing is the location for this job is in non octroi zone, which is a remote place, so its difficult to get the person for that place.
What you think should I convince my MD for this candidate.
Regds,
Bhavana

From India, Mumbai
rishi_p

Even our Co. in Ltd company with more than 1200 employees.

We had appointed AVP for our company in December. He had shown the salary slip made by himself. Though it seemed to be real but I had already worked in the previous company (from where he had come). I knew the salary of the same level position in that company.

In order to make a confirmation I called up in the HR department of that co. They said nobody was allowed to tell the salary to other company. Even if I said that I have to make a reference check, nobody responded. Then I called the HR head there. After requesting for about 20 mins he just gave me a rough salary range. In total I had to call the HR department about 15 times for one person and that too at the senior level. You can imagine how much time it would take to reference check all the employees.

Even on sendiing the reference check letter for the employees, the letter never comes back. Nobody takes pains and writes true facts about a person's performance, reason for leaving and the exact salary break up.

How can the reference check be done?

Thanks

Pranita

From India, Delhi
Sapana

Hi Bhavana,
You are absolutely right, please go ahead and convince your boss for this candidate and speak with that candidate also that your are trying to convince your boss.
But tell him that he should not make such kind mistakes in future.
Please do let us know what was the conclusion.
Sapana

From India, Pune
gina.g15

Hi Bhavna,
I don't think you should recruit a candidate who lacks basic intergrity. If he is hired, this would be the kind of values he would be bringing into the organization.
If you still believe that the person is genuine, you could probably try and verify all his other documents and even do a background check if possible.
Secondly as a HR community we should try and follow certain practices which would help us curb at least to a certain extent this kind of malpractices.
Regards
Gina

From India, Hyderabad
parulmakkar

Hi Bhavna,

There are 2 things that i guaged out of the thread.

-- It seems that u quite like the candidate to be a prospectice good worker in ur organisation. May be u had a tuff time finding him.

-- U are also doubtful about his false docs and do not want to loose on ur company policies.

U have to decide in ur mind, what u give prefrence to? Appointing him or sticking to ur principles. As both will serve the purpose.

-- If u stick to his appointment, talk to him on personal grounds. Call him over and encourage him to speak up his mind, promising that u'll pay him what he expects but atleast he should agree to the false docs he has submitted.

-- If u stick to the other option of being loyal to ur principles, tell him straight that he has no right to produce wrong docs, and is comletely illegal.

If he really needs the job, he will agree to one of this and admit his folly and then u can decide what to do with him. But first YOU decide which path to take...

Good Luck!

Regards,

Parul

From India, Delhi
vinodsuvase
Hi,
Ask candidate to give any other proof which may clearly state his all salary details.
if he is not able to provide the document speak to his HR and send a confidential letter or Fax the detail .
and after trying ur level best try to take him confidence and try to reveal the reality and even if he dont agree keenly observe his Psychological aspects,HIs behaviour, Body language etc..
which will make u ease for taking the right person

rosymarcel

Hi Bhavana
I don't agree completely with Vijay. I think its not just the accuracy of numbers on the payslip, it is a larger issue of integrity. If a candidate provides fake documents, he is capable of faking other things with the company. Also if he gets away with this faking, he will assume that the company's ethical standards are not strong, and will get more confident to commit breaches.
I think it is important to do a refence check, either before issuing the offer or after the offer has been given and he has submitted a resignation in his company. This is what most companies do. The offer and appointment can be revoked if it is found that the candidate has provided fake documents.
Regards
Rosy

From India, Bangalore
Elias Lobo
:shock: Hi,
As u find that the person has sown a fake salary slip.that means he is not trust worthy,a person at the time of interview is lying and does not accept the truth. He is not trust worthy,he is danger for such organisation,may be he is good in his all activites,but one thing to remember that a person who can cheat today what about tomorrow,rest is ur decission. :no:

suresh7sharma

hi
Partinita,
As inductry protocol you should not call any company's hr department to enquire about the salary of any person. Moreover you should have written a letter asking about the job resposibility.
IT IS QUITE SURPRISING THAT WE HAVE ABLE HR PERSONS AND STILL THIS ISSUE HAS COME UP. EITHER YOU PEOPLE LACK THE BASIC OF HR OR YOU STILL NEED TO COME TO THAT LEVEL WHERE YOU JUDGE A PERSON RIGHTLY.
SALARY ISSUES WILL ALWAYS BE THERE, WHY SHOULD A PERSON LOOK FOR A NEW JOB. JUST BECAUSE HE IS LOOKING FOR A RIGHT SALARY AND DESIGNATION.
IF THE PERSON IS STRONG AND CAPABLE ENOUGH HE CAN CONVIINCE A PERSON ON A SALARY DECIDED BY THE COMPANY AND NOT ON A SALARY DEMANDED BY THE CANDIDATE.
THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF A CANDIDATE IN INTERVIEW WILL AUTOMATICALLY TELL YOU THE WORTH OF THAT CANDIDATE.
HOPE YOU UNDERSATND THE IMPORTANCE OF HR PERSONS ABAILITIES AND JUDGEMENTS.
SURESH

From India, Jaipur
sanatsan
Hi Everyone:

I agree with all of you and would like to add one more idea to it.

What I will talk now has got no connection with the issue at large however, we have interpretations.

Psychologically speaking the reason why any one resorts to lie.... and not improving their capabilities. This is because they want their work to speak and thus prefer not to speak about any achievements of the previous period or else fake it.

We understand that this is almost a case of financial forgery however we have no rights to consider him a criminal. He is a human being and he has not done something which cannot be forgiven. According to me, that personal capabilities and abilities must be recognized. We must be more focused about the results and not the overall character of a person whether he lies or is a truthful or not??

We are primarily a human being. If we don't give him a job today tomorrow he may be impregnated with committing more crime. The motive of the lie was getting a job and when there will be no motive, NO CRIME. As simple as that.

Thanks

Sanat Sankrityayan

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.