No Tags Found!

dorotht
Hi,
In Nigeria where I work, probation period is usually for 6 months. However, if the employee is unavoidably absent from work due to incapacitation, the probation period can be extended for the duration of the abscence. Try as much as possible not to set a precedence where others can use as a reference point in the future.
Regards,
Dorothy

routhranr
probation period is for compulsary period for newly joined employee, so is there any shortfall he/she will be must extented his period for the leave
From India, Madras
safayaifci
The main issue here is whether the employee has completed the probationary period of 3 months-or in other words if he was on duty as probationer.An employee is treated on duty if his leave is due to him and has been sanctioned.So we come back to the question that if the probationer has any leave due to him out of which his absence from probationary duties can be sanctioned.So we have to check if employee is entitled to any leave. if he is ,then the the period of leave can be adjusted with his absence and rest of unadjusted days of absence will be added to his probationary period(i.e he will have to serve his probation period for the days he was absent.)
This is my personal experience when i was on probation and i was absent for one day and as such my confirmation was delayed for 1 day. If u want more clarifications on this issue u are welcome
SAFAYA
Consultant(HR & Law)

From India, New Delhi
KSV

SIR Probationary periods, extension of period based on the performance and vary from company to company policy.
From India, Madras
KSV

Can any one explanin , what are all important documents/ procedures to shift the company to one place to anotherwith in the limits of 50 kms .please treat this as most urgent and reply to :
From India, Madras
Vasant Nair

Probationary Period Clause is include in a standard Appointment Letter. It is a Policy matter. The whole idea of Probationary period is to allow the Company to get to know the employee better and vice-versa.

At times the Company may at their discretion, treat a new employee as a confirmed employee from day one.

Whether an employee takes leave or is absent for some days during his probationary period are some factors which the management will consider when considering him/her for confirmation.

It does not necessarily imply that if due to absence or leave taken during probationary period, the said probationary period will be correspondingly extended as a matter of rule. It is a management decision. They may do so or they may not.

There may be exceptions where the management may even decide to cut short the probationary period and confirm an employee even before he/she completes the probationary period.

It is a Policy matter and decisions will happen according the the guidelines provided therein.

Best Wishes,

Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
nishakrishnan
Probationary period can be extended if the employer is not happy with the over all performance of the employee.
If he has taken leave for one month due to medical reasons; it shall be allowed on getting a medical certificate. Whatever extra leave he has taken above the days permitted by company rules; can be considered as Loss of Pay.

From India, Ernakulam
Govind Desai

Dear Manish, before commenting on any issues, please find out the correct solution and give your advice. If an employee is on probation, he or she is eligible for CL and SL but not Earned Leave since he/she has to complete one year of service. As for probation period if it is given for 3 months, management can extend it further depending on the performance, attitude and other factors of the employee. If an employee is absent for one month, how you can evaluate his performance within 2 months of his work. Some times, it takes nearly 1-2 months to know the company.
From India, Mumbai
Rahul Chhabra

Dear Friends,
There are rules and regulations that govern the policy making in any organization. Organizatonal Management needs to adhere to such rules and not make their own, as most of them do.
Please get to know Law & Regulations governing the Organizational Policies, it would help us all in our career.
Regards,
Rahul Chhabra

From India, Delhi
smalldust.xt123

Hi When you use internet explorer, pls pay attention to sidebar. You can see articles related, pdf or ppt file…you can find out your info. But I suggest you should use firefox. Rgs
From Vietnam, Phú Tho
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.