No Tags Found!

capricornabhi

Dear Mr. Vishwanathan, I think you should consult some CA in this regard. A company cannot deduct Professional tax from its employee. It can deduct only Income Tax. Regards Abhishek
From India, New Delhi
rpv
Hi,

First to clarify Abhishek's point- A company must deduct the professional tax as per the rules stipulated by the state in which the employee is working. This may differ even within the company employees if the branches of the company are located in different states.

Hi Arun,

The pay slip looks fake to me.

1. Basic Pay: As per the rules of Govt of India, an employee's basic pay can never be reduced by the company unless there is a disciplanary action. (If there is any disciplanary action, company would love to terminate him rather than just reducing the basic pay)

2. HRA: Normally, the industry rate is 40% of basic pay. This is the maximum % of HRA that is allowed as non-taxable (If I am correct) if the employee produces the rent receipt. And also this is always as a % of basic. In the pay slip shown by you, the HRA was same for Feb and Mar though the basic was different. This is again changed in April. This is virtually impossible as the software companies will only enter the BASIC PAY in the calculator rest will be calculated as a % of basic.

3. In the month of April, the salary was 44,656.00 and the income tax deducted was only 1192.00 which is impossible. The max savings allowed in India is only 100000 and for a gross income of 44000, no company would deduct just 1192 income tax.

I think this would suffice to conclude that it is a Faked one......

Good luck

From India, Bangalore
ctr_mritunjay
Hi Abhishek
Somewhere doesn't deduct the professional tax (eg in Lucknow, UP, don't deduct PT from my salary, Idon't know why) from salary, so how can say, this is one is fake.
If any standard rules for this, please let me inform.

From India, Lucknow
damodar.nahak@yahoo.com
Dear All, i need salary breakup -12k... kindly attached the 12k salary structure Regards Damodar
From India, Bhubaneswar
Aryan limbu

Dear Sir,

I have one question, I had been previously working in one of the branches existing in rural area of one of the company for 6 months and after that they had promoted me as regional accountant , So I just want to know my revised salary Break-up is right or not, fair or not?

Previously,

Basic-15000
HRA-6000
Uniform-0
Special Allowance-3800
Gross Monthly-24800
EPF-1800
Gratuity-722

Monthly CTC-27322
Annual CTC- 327864

Revised (Current),

Basic-15000
HRA-6000
Uniform-3000
Special Allowance-4081
Gross Monthly-28081
EPF-1800
Gratuity-721

Monthly CTC-30602
Annual CTC- 355164

From India, Nahorkatiya
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.