darshit-shah
Hi everyone, My registered office is in Bhavnagar and i started my new branch in Vadodara. I am paying professional tax for the Bhavnagar office. Should I have to pay professional tax for the Vadodara branch separately? and if yes, from which date i have to pay professional tax? date of adding branch in gst or rent agreement ?
From India, Vadodara
Maulin Suthar
In this regards you are advised to visit your nearest ward office and collect the information.It is better to take advise from the corporation (Gujarat govt. authorized P.T collection office) to avoid unexpected charges.
From India, Ahmedabad
Madhu.T.K

Profession tax is a tax payable to the local administration. You cannot pay it to the Local Administration (Panchayat, Municipality or Corporation) where the Head Office is situated but you have to pay the tax in respect of employees of the braches separately to each Local Administration where the respective branch is situated. As such you have to pay tax in respect of your employees in Vadodara branch at Vadodara only. You can contact the local authority and confirm the date of payment etc.
From India, Kannur
pvenu1953@gmail.com

To my knowledge, unlike in Kerala (and Tamil Nadu) professional Tax in Gujarat is remitted to the Commercial Tax Department. It is the responsibility of the authority drawing the salary to credit the levy in respect of each employee within the State irrespective of his place of employment. If the salary is drawn at Bhavnagar, the PT could be remitted there itself.
From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.