hrisr
Hello Kashaf!
May be you have to gain confidence of your boss that you are capable of keeping information "confidential" - such a confidence comes over a period of time and you must be patient and don't get perturbed.
Pl. do your assignments with diligence and productively to gain acceptance by your boss.
You must also observe the culture of the organization. You may never know that your boss is acting so because of his/her superior's instructions.
You may be surprised to know that in one of my previous organizations where I joined as head of HR, salaries of existing employees were being kept "confidential" from me by accounts department (as instructed by CEO) who were minting the personnel folders!
Wish you all the luck.
INDER SETHI
GM-HR
The Indian Smelting & Refining Co. Ltd. Mumbai

Muhammad Kashif
Hi Seniors,
Mr.Ricardo
You are right sir, i just to think about creating and strengthening trust between I and my superior.
&
Mr.eBRo
I was not asking about her salary, I want to assist her in preparation of offer letters,promotions, transfers, termination letters,contractual,probationary, confirmation and experience letters as well. I want to assist her in conducting initial interviews, test scedule.
Yes, it is one among the policy to keep records clean and safe from other eyes. The only reason behind this is to create good working atmosphere not competative atmosphere, it's correct. But, I am a part of HR team why she keeps records confidentials....from my eys???
Thanks & regards,
KASHAF
Dubai

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Muhammad Kashif
Mr. INDER SETHI
You are Great,
Yes, I will have to do my assignments with diligence and productively to gain acceptance by my boss.
Many thanks to you sir for valuable suggestion,
Kind regards,
KASHAF
Dubai

K.Ravi

Hi,
Same case with me too, only the HR manager and I we two handled the whole HR dept, he told me never to disclose the confidential information, but he only kept certain information confidential from me..
The confidential things which only the HR manager and I (HR Assistant) knew were:
JOB OFFER , CTC DETAILS, I used to prepare them and he used to sign it . so v 2 knew it...
SALARY DETAILS ,, we both used to process it...
PERF, APPRAISAL... details
LATEST NEWS abt who has resigned, who is joining :wink:
CERTAIN LETTERS OF INCREMENT< DECREMENT, WARNINIG, BONUS issued to employees, i used to prepare letters he used to sign,
so the above things only v both knew...

From India, Pune
mrpakistani78

Dear Kashif Assalamo Alikum
Don't take this matter as serious. Spend your efforts towards your job and the tasks given to you and leave thinking about those matters which are treated as "Confidential" from you.
Try to Live without those ideas/informations may be it is useful for you not to know such information and I think these are not essential for you to perform your job.
so leave worrying about it and pay your attention to perform your job.
ok
From
Muhammad
Pakistani

Muhammad Kashif
Dear Hiren, Okay sir, I must have respect for my job & do not fall in love with job. I will fall in love with my HR Manager because she is still unmarried. Regards, KASHAF Dubai
MANMAKER

hi good day!
Ha .ha ha ha ............................... i thnik she is loving you
HR dept are confidentiala becuse overall devlopment of the compay even rules and reglution ect so your HR Manger dont know wht is HR? So your role of this post shold lern as soon as possible and quit job.
Regards
Raghav

Rajeev Velur

Dear Kashaf,
I am sorry if this comment hurts you. But you have to understand the point here. This is not the place for all these things (falling in Love). You are free to do what you want. Please do not make mockery of the members in this serious HR forum. This is purely professional forum and please maintain a proper decorum.
Here, all are trying to help you out from a situation which you requested. Please stick to it and take necessary guidance.
regards,
Rajeev.

From India, Bangalore
ashokkaundal

Dear Kashaf,

Inder Sethi Sir has rightly said that oberving the culture of organisation is very important. "Observation" as such is a great tool in tha hand of great observer(if Hr Person is trained for this.)

It is still vey important for you because you are working in Dubai - a work culture definitely different from India and Pakistan. Know the Hr- Practices of Dubai. get knowldge. Equip yourself.

Than your dept. and organisation. See its culture. Concetrate on your job in hand. I think, you must have been allottted such tasks which do not require the kind of information you are mentioning. If it is true, than try hard to perform/excel in your allocated area/assignments of work first. As most of friends have already written, with time and your hard work, your capabilities will be known to your "Boss" and her "Bosses" also.

Remember, you have to spend atleast 03 years there. You should have patience. Do not make haste lest things may take a wrong turn.

One more thing, you want to fall in love with your manager, please go ahead. But here also the above advice is handy. Remember , "slow and steady" wins the race. Observe, create opportunities, take chances and go ahead in postive frame of mind.

Go ahead, All the best wishes. And let us know if something cooks up.

Ashok Kumar

From India, Mumbai
swastik73

Dear Kashaf,

In my opinion I am against withholding of information on ground of confidentiality from subordinates unless the same is so sensitive to affect the working relations and conditions.

This is usually done by people who are insecure about their position and tries to gain importance and power by putting up barriers in the information channels. They feel with information they have power which will go once the information is passed. CiteHR has the right caption "Knowledge grows when shared".

None of us are working in any Espionage Agency or Nuclear/ Missile Weaponry System and it really funny to hear such terms.

Yes an information is confidential to either a level or a department and in cases of person, the employee must be placed at a very high level.

For example: Salary is to be kept confidential outside HR. Inside HR it should not be confidential.

In the end I fully support your grievances and would advise as other respected members had to build a good relation with your Boss. Show the lady this site and our discussions.

Regards,

SC

From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.