Thiruvelanramakrishnan
Hi Amita
It happens then and there. What ever may be the thing you can't terminate an employee just like that. It will definitely attract unwanted sequences. You have a HR manual. Pl verify the class for resignation or termination. Act according to that. Otherwise issue him a notice of relieving detailing all the settlements what he is eligible legaly.
Else simply neglect him, dont give any assignments, look around passionately. Believe it, am sure he will put down his papers.
Regards
Thiru

From India, Madras
AYSharma

My question remains unaswered. Is this employee still in job or some action has been taken

vreddy_vhr

Mr. Amitasingh
See Termination is not the solutions, which creates unrest to the organisation, basically first see why he was doing like this, r the mngmt is neglecting his services like not giving proper recognition / promotions, jr. getting promotions etc., first check behind for his changed attitude why? Since he is working last 15 years he should be in good position is it not ? if not, what the reasons behind, if his performance is not upto the markl then give him warning letter / counsel him . I personnally feel that 15 years employee service terminating is not the solutions. I think he is almost 45-50+ years think once and twice before taking proper decision.
Venkatesh.V
Hyderabad.

From India, Hyderabad
Vasant Nair

Dear Amita,
I am very curious to know about the Show Cause Notice you have issued to the concerned operator.
The action taken by you in issuing the Show cause Notice requires requires some more discussion.
Therefore, for the benefit of all members it will be nice if you can mail the Show Cause Notice in its exact form.
To give you a hint, there is a fine difference between Show Cause Notice and a Charge Sheet.
Based on your response, we can carry forward this discussion which will eventually prove to be extremely interesting and useful to all.
Best Wishes,
Vasant Nair
HR Advisor

From India, Mumbai
krmrao

Hi all

Termination is not the remedy for a workman who had worked a long 15 years, the employer should first know why his behavior got changed, should find out the reasons and check the solutions and make him corrected.

How long a employer retain the workmen of his choose. The great olden tradition in india had changed drastically, after the corporate giants have come in. To day what I experienced is to get a experienced workmen had become a task to an HR. The employer should retain an experienced employee, make solutions to get him to his side, after all we are not in the battle field to think of the political lines, how to sack one another, we being workmen are a family altogether along with the employer, any one can commit a mistake , only correction to be made by way of discussions.

Even if the employer tried his best, to correct either his faults or the employee faults, and failed to seek for a appropriate solution and left with not other alternative for any correction, so then the very word of termination occur, for it there is a long procedure, as detailed by some of our senior friends of Hr in this thread, if the employee is proved fault / guilt he can be terminated legally, but not forcibly. Termination is the end of the go, must not be attempted at first short.

Mohan Rao
Manager HR

From India, Visakhapatnam
vidyutdave
can legaly management take me back-25person case in mumbai court in high court

Resprcted sir,

150 confirm employee were termineted in jan 2003 by wockhardt pharma because of union.since i kept faith and assured time to time by management on cell and phone to give me back my job since last more than 6 years.still its not a reality.only 25 people of union are in court at mumbai. can you all tell me the truth since there are 25 people in court against the company and hence raised legal complication if company restore my services????in wockhardt certain top mangement people wants to give me job but they are not taking decision.my track records is unblemish with countable achievements.

since last six years i am waiting for justice....can you give me the truthul information so as i can put the fact to the chairman and hr head.passing through great difficulty i need your opinion very desperatly whether HR can give me back my job without legal hessel as they say how........ my mail id is t no is +919898099100.. if you provide your contact no i will contact you to take advise what is a legal stand when 25 people case r in high court if i consider by management back in service than legal stand of wockhardt is affected??? or can take me back

From India, Pune
ukmitra

Dear Amita,

I agree to Mr. Rao. However, you see there is always a mixed reaction on termination issues. But what goes on the floor, is something different and only you know the facts. The daily hating session that is brewed by the disgrunted staff, fills the entire floor and you have a bad smell.

This is what we have done in our factory with similar case, not sure if it helps you:.

1. After carefully identifying the problem maker, we had called them for a discussion.

2. A meeting of GM, HR and Floor manager, the floor manager on point blank told him that we had complaints on his behaviour on the floor and that we have fear that he instigating the other member as well.

3. General Manager who was chairing the meeting, acted as a secret cushion as a good wisher of the trouble maker, and he all asked whats going wrong with him.

4. GM also asked about his family and hows all doing at home. Infact we try forcing him to give his home number so we can speaks to his wife.

5. HR asked if we had an financial difficutly etc etc.

6. Floor manager, on otherside was firm on his behaviour at floor and informed him that he not the same guy as before.

7. We actually played with his emotions to get the real thing and force him to speak the truth.

The truth in our case, was that he felt after number of sevrice with the company, the new staff were given very high salary and no one now ask's him for any major decision on the floor. He was also concerened with growing education cost etc etc.

Action: Floor mamager thereafter always took his involvement in all decision on floor. GM gave him a 5 days day-off as a goodwill. Company also gave him a interest free loan for his childrens education. Things were coming to normal on floor. The goodwill of company spread across the floor.

Regards,

ukmitra

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
ajay312b
The best way is to transfer the employee or change is work responsibilities and neglect him, his behavior will get changed .
He must not be given importance in organization till he changes.
v too in our company trf the employee who no. of times donot join and it legally becomes to terminate without paying extra
also no work no pay is suprme court ruling so when he/she doesnot joins the tranfrd place it becomes legal
ajay mittal

From India, Delhi
Vasant Nair

UK Mitra has given us the best solution to handle such sensitive issues. Congratulations!!! Vasant Nair
From India, Mumbai
gvshan
Dear Sir
I am shanmugam working as HR Executive in CHennai.
Please help me out - as per law can a company give all the three type "1.Earned Leave,2.Casual Leave and 3.Sick Leave "-
thanks in advance-shanmugam
Mail ID:

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.