No Tags Found!

Sanjeev.Himachali

Dear Alina....I am not anit-old people but I am the one who encourages "Continuous Learning". People should be able to challange themseleves, their skills, their achievements, past performances...everyday. The day they stop learning...is the day they stop living. Age is no problem. One can be 100+ and still working in a company and one can be 40+ and sidelined in his company (Forced to take VRS). It is about learning and updating yourself all the time.
You have Dr. Manmohan Singh, who is 75+ and the prime-minister of the country.
You have Amitabh Bachchan, who is 65+ but can compete with anyone half of his age.
Then, you have Sachin Tendulkar, who is just 34...and is asked to take VRS.
Age is no barrier. The barrier is mental.
I hope, I am clear in my expression and views.
Regards
Sanjeev

From India, Mumbai
jacob nidhin

Hey i dont Think age is a Big Barrier.......
" For Experience there is No Substitute" ....One has To look into the Competency level of the Candidate but not age...
As a Recruiter I have seen Clients Rejecting Profiles of Competent Techies only because of AGE factor...
"The Old guys do " Learn ......Relearn ....and Unlearn " Principle or else how can they surivie their in industy for a long time.....
Its all about Company policy and the Nature of work....so they Go for young Guns
Regards
Nidhin

From India
gauritomar

Dear All,
I believe that organisation should have combination of old and new people . It is mix combination of people which helps in ogranisational growth , we can share experience of old and experienced people . We can invovle them in new projects . There is no doubt that new or freshers are more energetic and innovative people. There should be balance of old and new people . Its duty of HR people to fill gaps between old and new people . We can arrange meetings/townhall to fill the gap between these people. Its part of employee relations and organisation development.
Regards,
Gauri

From India, Delhi
D P S Chauhan
Hi,

There are too many differences. This topic is seems to be divided between favour & against of new viz. older employees. I have the following opinions -

1. Old is gold. Exactly the same is applied to the human being. Patience,understanding the situation in gross, mental stamina and the rich experience in work as well as of the external environment is a boon to any organisation.

2. I appreciate the new one also. Because of enthusiasm in new job, advanced technical knowledge, adapting new technologies very fast,Confidence in work, good physical stamina are some of the basic qualities of new employees.

But now my question is why we should compare the old viz new

employees. We must understand that these are two hands of the organisation. It all depends on the higher management as how they utilises their employees to get the objective of the organisation. This is mainly the role of HR in an organisation who makes policies and develop amicable culture in organisation by taking various initiatives such as training, motivating,taking care of the employees.

Regards,

D P S Chauhan

From India, Delhi
jayavelk_mba

Dear Yogesh,
To my knowledge, The old people who are present in the organization tend to have their comfort zone in the organization and the new one who enters the organization tries to create his own comfort zone by bringing in new ideas which might make him to work comfortable. This is also a reason where there lies a huge gap between the old and the new employee
People may correct me on this, If i may be wrong.
Regards,
K.Jayavel

From India, Madras
sandeep_sable

Ideal and honest answer is bring in new blood at 1/3 the orignat cost , young , open to change and can be moulded as much as ayou can. sandeep sable 9822580268
From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Dear All

First of all I would like to congratulate Mr Yogesh for bringing in such an interesting topic of discussion

I found Mr Sanjeev Himachali's comment the best one and I also agree with him 100%.I have seen in my organisation which is a web development company there are 2 senior people,(my MD says they are the dinosaurs of the organisation :wink: ).Out of these two people there is one person who is willing to learn new technologies very hard working but he lacks managerial skills the other one is a very good manager,handles a team efficiently but is reluctant to learn any new technology,or implement new systems.

Now what has happened is management is thinking about removing the 2 nd person or get replacement for him ,because inspite of his being a good manager he has not upgraded his skills with time .I must say that this senior person has been loyal to the company has seen the ups and downs in the company, has handled crisis situations,but everything said and done this is a world of cut throat competition so to save one's own skin one has to continuously learn ....unlearn and relearn .....

I agree with Mr Himachalli that if an old employee is willing to learn and contribute even at the age of 50 no organisation should have a problem accommodating that person in the system.

This is a debatable issue an I have just put forward my views,I don't intend to challenge any other views put forward on this post as I liked most of the comments and replies on this topic

I would once again like to thank Mr Sanjeev Himachali for a wonderful post

Thanks and Regards

Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
suchitra pattnaik

Dear All,

Topic is very interesting and i would like to say removing experience persons depend upon oragnisatinational requirement and the perception of the management to take such decision. this is not the secenerio in every organization,still also few company give most important to experienced employees and take their advises in taking very important decision .

In my organization experienced people are given due importance and indirectly company is loosing new entrants not because of giving important to old people,but because old & experienced people are pampered and they feel they should be paid more package to do the same job,instead of taking some new candidate,in this case cost is increasing for the company to pay more to highly paid person than to hire somebody in lesser package.

Its very common older and experienced people are always reluctant toward change,they are not flexible towards any change in policy or climate with in the organization ,comparatively new employees are more flexible towards changing organizational requirement .

So when there is requirement for young and enegetic people for very specified post like in retail shpowroom its better to take a young and fresher inspite of forcing an experienced person to adopt to the required changes .

Topic can be even conflicting depending on organization and their requirement .

Suchitra .

From India, Kochi
Yogesh S
Thanx to Sanjeev and Indrani. Both of you explained this topic in a new manner. This shows your matureness on this specific topic. There is no question of cost, experience or fear but we should think in same manner that one should be an asset and not the liability to the management.
Yogesh S

From India, New Delhi
mughals1978
Hi All!

I personally believe that we as HR Personnel should have a proper plan of hiring new and fresh people and then their interaction with the old and experienced people. The main point on which we have to convince our boss or CEO is that we must put these old but experienced people in the role of "mentor" or "Coach" relationship with new employees to enable the blend of educated and experienced class.

Educated class has its own importance as they are coming up with new technology, creativity, methodologies, and much more but they are definitely in-experienced and don't know the realities of the corporate world. Where as the old people have learned everything through their experience which definitely make their way up on the chart much longer and slow but the most important assest they possess if the "Experince". We must translate and transfer their experience for the new ones.

One more thing, the new ones complain that the old people are tough and don't tell them anything or make them learn anything but my answer to this is that the more you respect the old people and gaintheir confidence, the more they will teach you.

I attribute all my success to few people in my life out of which major contribution made for my professional development goes to "Zahoor-ul-Haq Sheikh (late) Ex-Chairman, Planning and Development Board - Punjab" and the living legend "Syed Hussain Haider". They both have made me learn a lot just because i respect them a lot and listen to them what they say.

I have tried this and certainly enjoyed the experince and learned a lot.

Try this out......

Regards,

Haroon Ahmed Shabbir

Lahore - Pakistan

From Pakistan, Lahore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.