kiran rai
hi trinity, Chek his credentials with previous employers. Try to know from him the reason behind submitting fake relieving letter of previous employer.
From India, Pune
Rose_S

Trinity, you & your organization made the right decision to fire her. Bravo!
Shame on us HR professionals if we condone forgery/theft & unethical practices.
"two wrongs do not make a right"
Integrity is something that no organization should compromise on. Keeping unscrupulous/ unethical/ wrong-doing individuals in an organization promotes an environment for deepseated rot & corruption.
It is the defected value system of tolerance of wrongdoers in India that has led to the widespread corruption in our governments, establishments & other workplaces. We need to start cleaning up this rot for the betterment of our future generations.
And we as HR professionals are at the forefront of this challenge to make India a better place to live & work by ensuring that we do not encourage criminal/unethical behaviour in our homes & workplaces.
Rose S

From India, Mumbai
ramesh23.a

Hi Trinity,
The worst thing what we are facing everyday about employment verification. In our organization candidate joined by submitting fake reliving letters from his previous company but rest of all other documents are perfectly alright in accordance with offer letter, appointment letter and even latest appraisal letter but the mistake what he did was adjusting 10 days in his reliving letter i.e increased 10 working days by changing date, but the candidate was very strong with subject and communication. As per our top management decision we need to remove him and sacked from the services.
My suggestion would be sack him with out any doubt but before find out what kind of resource he is for the project.
Regards
Ramesh

From India, Hyderabad
madhukarpathak
I am too much agree with Mr. Giridhar Alwar, if a person has proved his/her worth then its better for organisation to give him/her opportunity and furher b can issue a warning letter to his/her with this instruction to leave the job without further delay & note that it should not be repeated in future in our organization. after this thing u will that u Motivate the People.
Madhukar

gsrsumana
As far as my knowledge goes Mr.Ramesh and Mr.Alwar are right, and definitely we are hiring a resource to our organization and not just the relieving letters and appointment letters, so if you think that he suits in for the requirement and all the other things are correct expect the relieving letter, he can be given a chance, issue him a warning letter for the same and keep it in the records or else you can keep him under one months notice and check his performance and other factors.
There is always a second side to the coin!!!! Who knows he might turn out to be best resource for the organization.
Iam clearly confused on one thing when we don't trust our competitors for the business related activities, like investing in a fund, setting up a new branch, or any other strategy that we follow as per the business is concerned then why should we trust them in hiring a best resource for company, they might mislead us with the wrong information too????

From India, Hyderabad
vincentnp
Integrity is the primary quality any good employee for any organisation and if he or she is not true to oneself and have the courage to camouflage documents without disclosing the facts, however great he is working for your organisation, he will definitely ditch you. I admire a person who has the courage to tell me that my present employer cannot relieve me due to certain important tasks and I will try my best.

Sharad Shah

Dear Friends;

Problem is not of one person getting job on producing fake documents. The real problem is the adamant attitude of management and lowering down the moral and values in real life. The very teaching of the parents/ teachers to stand first, to grab maximum, to exploit every thing leads to this situation. Life has become a race, a war. And everything is fare is the bottom line of today’s life.

You know, such case are increasing day by day and shall increase much rapidly if we do not realize the root causes. Treating the leaves will not improve the situation.

Be little human, when you are dealing with a human. If someone is willing to leave the job, why do you create so much hindrances in his/her progress? Can't you say goodbye with all good wishes and love?

And if you think that the employee is worth retaining, offer him/her better package so that both, the company and the employee will satisfy fully. And if you think that the person is not worth paying any more, allow him/her to go and find out more capable employee.

Rotation should be welcomed. Many a time new comers give better out put. I think once the management becomes rational and liberal, there will be a possibility of less and less such fraud cases.

Sharad Shah

From India, Ahmadabad
robinpande

Dear Trinity
There may be a debate on this. But my question is did that candidate informed during the time of interview about his notice period with his employer? If yes and then he was asked to join before his notice period is over then no need to fire him. However if did not he must be asked to leave. If a person can forge his reliving dox he can actually forge anything because it shows his mind set.

From India, Gurgaon
srimanbharatiyudu
Dear Trinity
If the employee is a WORTH CANDIDATE put him on the Muster Roles, Other wise warn him gently not to commit such mistakes.
In the case of Relieving Letter to be issued by the Employer, I had the problem with my ex-emploer even though I gave two months notice of resignation. He wanted me to train the newly joined raw-guy and then only he would give the RL.
I rejected his foolish request and warned of complaining to TV9 about his behaviour with me. As a result, he gave me the RL by the day of the evening itself.
COME ON GUYS, WE ARE LIVING IN OUR COUNTRY AND PERFORMING OUR DUTIES AS EMPLOYEES AND PAYING TAX TO THE GOVT. WE ARE NOT SLAVES. COME ON |||| DARE, RAISE YOUR VOICE, UNLESS YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT.
Regards
Sriman Bharathiyudu

From India, Hyderabad
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi sriman,
i faced the problem in one of my previous companies - the notice period was 30 days, which I gave but the company said that they had to go in for recruitment and it was my prerogative to train the new guy/gal and did not relieve me. like I posted on another discussion, i had to train the new gal and 3 months' went by. I had to try for a new job as the offer I received closed theirs for me.
people are talking about forgery, suing but what about this attitude of not relieving by the deadline?
anyway I guess trinity's company has done the right one by terminating the girl.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.