No Tags Found!

indushri

Terminating a employee due to his absenteeism will not work out well. because it is not easy for an organisation to get a potential employee who achieves given targets. company cannot compromise with its discipline also.
<counsel the employee in a friendly way and find out the reason for his absenteeism
< but termination should be a last option when all the techniques fails to bring him back to Company Discipline.
Regards,
Indu

From India, Bangalore
Birendra Raj
I believe this is a case of diminishing motivation for the employee. The case study states that this is promising employee who achieves his target regularly but has developed a habit of absenteesm. I have came across such cases. Here having a discussion and initiating disciplinary action will not solve the actual problem.
Such kind of employees need constant challenges to motivate themselves.They get bored easily when their targets become easier and routine. I believe for this particular employee change of role / enhancement of role should be experimented.

vaghela_kishor
re: case study solve it
Hi Radhika.
some good performer know that management will not terminate him easily because they need him and such employee get benifit from it and it is one type of black mail so a sock must required because many instruction already given to him.
kishor

From India, Mumbai
anil.desle
Hi Radhika,
I agree with all of our members. But Radhika, if this employee is really good in performance, before taking any legal action like termination you have to understand his problem. You have to make councilling with him. Through councilling you have to aware him not to remain absent without permission. After counciling if there is no change in his behaviour then you can take legal action as per provision of law. Before taking action like termination you have to give him chance to improve.
Anil

ashok_modi1978

Dear radhika,
In our organisation also there were such kind of two employees. Every month they used to be absent for 3-4 days. Their reason of absent was that they were searching another job. Finally they got a good job.
So, if you want him to discontinue this type of absent, As you told he is a good performer speak to him and increase his salary to his expected level.
I think he will definately agree if he is not having job dis satisfaction.
Regards
Modi Ashok Kumar

From India, Bangalore
gurubux.gulati

I could make out that this person tries to pamper himself after every winning streak. He is a winner and prefers to take a time out prior to taking over the new targets. You cannot lose star performers so easily in the name of discipline. The only indiscipline attitude that he has is that he does not inform prior to availing leave. Maybe because he has a fear that his leave will be declined. He needs reassurance from his bosses only with their positive attitudes. This star performer will get more opportunities elsewhere. But, will any of you be able to get a similar replacement to his performance?
From India, Jamnagar
swit_bhargavi87
Hello radhika
we hr people always consider our hr force as an assets of our organization.i am totally agree with others but i think you have to go for employee engagement activities. From that employee will get family atmosphere in the company and the most important they can share their problems easily . U can create very friendly atmosphere in the company. And then also employees go for leaves without any intimation we can go for deduction from salary and also give them less chances of promotion as well increment or bonus.
Bhargavi solanki
student(mba hr)

From India, Ahmadabad
Deepaamitgaur
Hi!
In my opnion if he is a good performer you should not terminte him however you should implement a policy wherein the case of leave without intimation therewill be a deduction of two days salary, without any genuine justification or some panalty clause ,
Above all for oganizational growth we need good performer we don't need people who are obidient but not good performer.
Regards,
Deepa Gaur

From India, Calcutta
mnsaranya
Hi Radhika, Discipline is must. but as a good employee give him a chance, if he continue this terminate him. Regards Saranya
From India, Madras
deepika.1705
HI RADHIKA!!!!!!!
well if he works through out the week....(including sunday's) then i think he deserves to take a 3-4 day leave in a month....... but with due permission..... and if thats not the case....... then a notice shld g given to him.... for the same.....
DEEPIKA :)

From India, Jalgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.