kamalkantps

Yes it is true to say that the notice period should be equal for both employee and employer. This 3 months policy is just to make the exit of an employee a little hard. because if any employee wants to move and gives interview for any other organization they will wait maximum for 1 month for that employee to join. He wont have any choice to resign before laps of the required notice period. This should be reasonable and should have some rule over it too.
The companies should not be given power to choose the notice period Arbitrarily.

From India, New Delhi
sanjana.urssanju@gmail.com
hi,
Plz Help me
I want to know that is less percentage affect job opportunity. extually i am MBA 2009-2011 (Pune University),student. But i am having baclock papers in fourth semester. will it creat difficutly in finding job.
plz suggest me
Thanks.

From India, Mumbai
SANDIPADV2006
first you complete your Mba, The reason is when you complete your MBA your C.V is very powerfully present in the hr desk
ok
and listen which subject your backlog.
and you first job in temporary finance firm which is finance consultancy and gain knowledge from there and complete your mba, Because practical knowledge is best when you complete MBA AND practical knowledge with you

From India, Nasik
V. Balaji

Different companies have different rules. There is no hard and fast rule that notice period for employer and employee must be one and the same.
As someone quoted, if employer meets the requiement of law (i.e. giving one month notice) befor asking a person to quit and he abides by that, then he is certainly following rule.
However, as far as employee is concerned, if he is required to give 3 months' notice, and if he accepts the appointment letter by signing, then the employee must adhere to it.
Balaji

From India, Madras
hdraakh
Good Morning!
I wish to inform you that the notice period has to be equal for both the parties to the contract.
The employee can screw the employer if he goes to court for violation of his Fundamental Rights provided to him by the Indian Constitution.
Fundamental Rights of the Indian Constitution;
Article 14 : Equality before law – The State shall not deny to any person equality before the law or the equal protection of the laws within the territory of India.
Equality before the law implies that no one is above the law of the land.
Please advise your employer to keep the notice period equal.
Regards
Hemant Raakh
Sr. Manager - HR
United Spirits Ltd., Nashik
"Helping hands are better than praying lips"

From India, Nasik
BhavinParmar
Dear,
We have same condition in our appointment letter. But recently we have updated notice period from employer side from one month to three month. The notice period should be same on both sides i.e. employer and employee.
BP

From United States, Edison
Thirugnanakumar

Hi,
Serving of Notice period is equally treated for both the sides. The period of notice period may be differ from company to company, but it shd be equal for either sides ie for both employee and employer. Any unaviled leave may be adjusted on the notice period and for the balance period only be considered for either side for compensation in lieu of notice period.

From India, Madras
NKTiwari

Separation terms cannot be biased. It has to be having equal weightage for mutual benefit. The notice period has to be same for both sides as per principles of Natural Justice otherwise if any employee knocks the legal doors the company will be in thick soup.
regards
NKT

From United States, Cambridge
Thirugnanakumar

Buzz,
Notice period is equal for both the sides ie for employer and employee. The period of notice may be differ from company to company wehreas the notice period is equal for either side to serve. Any unavailed leave or balance leave on creidt may be adjusted with the notice period for the purpose of calculation for settlement.
T Kumar (Jagdish)

From India, Madras
kogktv
subject: Notice period
In our appointment order, we are clearly stating that one month notice or one month salary is a condition to leave the job. But some staffs are leaving service without any notice and joining the new company within two or three days from the date of submission of their resignation. Experts, pl advise in this case What are legal rights to the company? and what are the benefits of employess that the company can detain? and Is there any letter draft available to send such employees leaving without any notice.

From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.