Pls. kindly help me to write a sample termination letter to all staff due to company closed down. What is the entitlement for all staff due to this termination?
Your guidance is very help full for me. Thanks anyway!!!
9th January 2011 From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur

India, Kannur
Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
India, Kumbakonam
Industrial Relations
Ann M
India, Mumbai
+1 Other

Dear Norazizah_s
If the company closed down, then the terminology 'termination' should not be used.
It is Retrenchment. I feel it can be mentioned as Retrenchment due to redundancy.
Please give your opinion in above terminology.
With warm regards
S. Bhaskar
9th January 2011 From India, Kumbakonam
For closing down a company which has had an employment strength of 50 or more employees, a 'simple' letter will not be sufficient but it is to be prepared in accordance with the provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act. Since by closure of the company the employees will become jobless they will have to be given notice in advance (at least one month) or paid notice pay in lieu of notice and they should also be paid retrenchment compensation at the rate of 15 days pay for every completed year of service. This is in addition to gratuity payable under the Payment of Gratuity Act.
Attached please find the form Q which is to be sent to Labour Authorities informing the closure of the company. The same is used to inform the employees also. Hope the same would be useful to you.
9th January 2011 From India, Kannur
Attached Files
Registration required. Create all access/no charge Cite.Co account first.
File Type: doc Form Q (Notice of Closure).doc (28.0 KB, 4007 views)
Sir, One of my Branch is closing down. I have only 2 employees in the branch. One officer & one peon. We are vacating the premises for which three month's notice has already been given. My officer will be transferred to another Branch. We have verbally told our peon about this, but he refuses to go/ resign.
As per terms of his letter we have one month's time in our hand to give him a notice. Should we give him that. He will get all his terminal dues. But nothing more. Because Company is doing very bad. We r not even getting our salary for more than 2 mths. now.
By doing so, will we have any legal complications. Can he go legally ?
An early reply would be appreciated.
11th February 2015 From India, Mumbai

Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips.
All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network