No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Some 5 year back i was absconded from two companies. One after 20 days and second one after 4 days of joining. I completely removed these two absconding details from my resume and never share these two companies details to my next employers as the BGV checks was not that strict before. But now almost all companies do UAN based service history check and with this way it's impossible to hide any job details.

By keeping that in mind i approached these two absconded employers and requested them to release relieving letter but even after so many follows up they are providing me anything. Now I am completely stuck in my career growth as it's almost impossible to get the job in good company. BGV team can easily find out absconding case through pf service history. I want to be honest from my side. So should I tell my future employer during selection process about my absconding history? Will they accept me for onboarding?

From India, Delhi
KK!HR

Probably you have no choice since all the previous instances of such short tenures are easily traceable and they are undeniable facts. The question that remains is not whether you had quit those employment or not but what a recruiter would look for is why you quit them so soon. So, you need to have a clear convincing answer for them. But now you are continuing with the existing employer for nearly 5 years is a redeeming feature and you can highlight it to prevent any adverse inference.
From India, Mumbai
uhcia

Hi,

Great that you understand the importance of proper relieving from an organization.

if you have absconded and relieved with in a month, there is a fare chance that your PF contribution may not have been done. Also organizations usually don't issue relieving letter in case if the employee leaves before one month.

Can you confirm you can see the two short experiences in the service history of you PF portal?

Since you already have an experience post the two absconding. My limited suggestion is to not include such experience in your resume, reason being not of absconding - but of very short stint i.e < 1 month.

Typically organizations do the BGV for last experience. even if they ask you a question on why have you not shown the two experiences,

You can mention them that they are less than 1 month and hence not relevant in the context and tell them there is no letter to back up as nothing was provided to you since its < 1 month. Lets be practical here, 1 month experience isn't even considered as an internship.

thanks.

From India, undefined
Anonymous
Yes those 2 employers has created pf account and same is reflected under service history in UAN portal. Now I can see the trend of Bgv team tracked the previous employment through pf service history as well. So there is no way I can hide these employers from my profile. Important thing is that I am unable to get the relieving letter now as they are entertaining my request. In that case the only option I left with is to tell the truth to my future employer about my absconding history during selection process and again which still not sure is a wise decision. So someone please guide me how to proceed now.
From India, Delhi
rkn61

I presume you have already got wise suggestions in this Form. Please note that if you furnish the
previous employment history, a competent recruiter may raise his eye brow, while noting this.

So all these need to be taken into consideration while making an appropriate decision.

From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.