Anonymous
Hi All, I have absconded from 2 companies in 2018 due to some personal reasons and removed those two employers from my CV. Till now I haven't faced any problems as the BGV check was not that much strict. Now I want to change my job and I am afraid to get caught during my future employer's BGV check. They will anyways find out through a UAN service history check. To rectify this issue in advance I have also approached my absconded employer and requested them to please release the relieving and experience letter and change the absconded remark from my record but they have rejected my request and not going to provide me anything. I am totally stuck in my career growth now. I just wanted to clarify if I told my future employer during the selection process itself about my absconded history, Will they consider me for onboarding as there is no way I could arrange the relieving letter from the past employers. Would I not get any good job in the future due to my absconding history?

I feel very depressed these days and it seems like my whole future is at stake.

From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It depends on the Employer. If you have any convincing / genuine reasons you may share with the Employer. How they perceive it is their call. But as you said during BGV there are chances of employer coming to know about your past history.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

From UAN account, it would not be known whether you had absconded or not. It is only if the previous organisations are contacted to verify your service history and they disclose the reason for termination as abandonment. The incidents are of 2018 and for nearly five years now you have been in the same organisation, so you are not a rolling stone changing the organisation every now and then. Even if the issue props up during BGV process, it depends on how convincing your replies are going to be. So be prepared for it.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Thanks For your response.
I just have one doubt which I believe as an HR you may clarify. Can any employer accept if inform them prior to releasing my offer letter that I have absconded from the organization in the past due to so and so reasons and I won't be able to produce any relieving or experience letter?

From India, Noida
KK!HR

There is nothing wrong in disclosing the past employment history but in this process, you are raking up your unpleasant past which the prospective may have/may not have noticed. Once this information reaches HR, it is not likely that it is ignored.
If the organisation still offers you employment, then you can be sure that this organisation does not view it as a serious offence and considers you worthy.

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It depends on the employer we can't predict how they will respond when they come to know.

While disclosing is the honest way most of the employers will view it as a negative aspect.

So you need to take a call.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.